[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6428.jpg (10 KB, 183x275)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
What do you think of the Nag Hammadi codexes?
>>
They were buried for a reason.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (82 KB, 1112x835)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>23537576
>The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves."
>>
>>23537576

What's the most shocking or insane thing in any of these books anyway? I've read bits of them and summaries and none of it seems that extreme. There's a few lines of text that if you try very hard you can interpret as Jesus calling Mary Magdalene "my companion". That's about it though.
>>
>>23538313
>Demiurge rapes Eve
>There's a Pharisee named Arimanios after the evil deity from actual Parsis tradition
>Yaldabaoth isn't even the worst thing in the cosmos some evil things rise up out of an infinitely black abyss and he's so revolted by them he banishes them
>>
>>23538305
Funny how many things in the bible don't make sense through a catholic pov but make perfect sense from a gnostic pov. Makes you think, doesnt it?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.