[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Am I the only one who thinks this book is ridiculously underrated?
>>
i liked it a lot and it did a lot to help me understand the concept of how a loving god could allow people to not go to heaven by giving them free will
it really stuck with me
i'm an atheist btw but one who found this book compelling and refuted a lot of standard reddit atheist strawmen arguments
>>
>>23538279
It's an amazing read but I don't think Lewis's view isn't what the Biblical authors had in mind. I'm not much of a believer anymore either but I hope Lewis was right instead of Dante or Calvin
>>
>>23538268
Which one is better? This or Screwtape Letters
>>
All of C.S. Lewis is underrated. The Four Loves is also underrated to fuck and back.
>>
>>23538337
Screwtape Letters. Screwtape is also one of the greatest villains in fiction. He's like if Reverse Flash had a baby with the Joker
>>
>>23538337
Screwtape Letters is hard to top
>>
>>23538409
The Audio drama is the best way to experience it. Andy Serkis kills it as Screwtape
>>
>>23538351
>underrated to fuck and back
What does this mean? What does it mean to be underrated to fuck and back? Tell me immediately
>>
People are in Hell because they want to be
>>
>>23538433
That sounds good
>>23538409
DFW said it was his favorite book
>>23538694
seems unfair to say this when not going to hell requires belief in Noah's Ark
>>
>>23538719

>seems unfair to say this when not going to hell requires belief in Noah's Ark

Great Divorce is different from your standard Hell. It's closer to purgatory or limbo. Even nonbelievers can go to Heaven in it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.