[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this a good place to start learning about our monetary and banking system?
>>
File: 1719523042508622.jpg (1.23 MB, 1284x1524)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
The Fed should just be the bank from Monopoly. It just has the money. It makes no sense to have all these competing private usurers that are "too big to fail" anyway.

But: the currency has to be hard. No more inflationary counterfeiting. Fiat is ideally harder than gold cuz you can't mine for it.

(It's gonna take a dictator.)
>>
>>23538653
No Griffin lies about basically everything. The Aldrich plan was never the basis of the Fed FYI
If you want to understand contemporary laws and regulation on banking because you want to start a commercial bank you're going to have to read different stuff than if you're just interested in the history of money/banking in America. Things went through a bunch of different stages and things were weird and messy when all banknotes/paper money was privately issued in the Jacksonian era and dollars all exchanged at variable rates and not face value.
Anyways the US constitution says congress has all the right to mint and regulate the value of money, they delegated some of those powers to the Fed because everyone was pissed off at the subtreasury system that existed before it but the US congress still can issue and regulate money however it wants and the big thing CHUDs go insane about like floating the dollar was the result of the elected government and not Fed... it's not like the Fed could say 1 dollar = 1 banana but the Trump administration could if it wants

>>23538662
>But: the currency has to be hard.
"Hard" money as IOUs always fail. Literally 100% failure rate. Someone telling you a piece of paper is worth so many shiny rocks in 200 years is setting you up as a dupe.
If you mean bartering physical commodities basically no one wants to do it. People don't even want to use cash anymore and digital wallets keep growing and taking over because the private sector will give you cash back but the government has no rewards programs, Ron Paul needs to promise everyone some free gold bars NOW

>No more inflationary counterfeiting.
You don't know what "counterfeiting" means

>Fiat is ideally harder than gold cuz you can't mine for it.
You could say something like bitcoin is "harder" but there's you're problem, no one wants to spend it or give some to the government in taxes. The more "hard" the less it gets used like money practically
>>
>>23538662
Nipples too pointy, would not bang at all even if she begged and I knew she'd be so grateful for sticking my billy badger in one time.
>>
>>23538798
You sound knowledgeable about the subject. What book would you recommend me to read? I've been eyeing Allan Meltzer's A History of the Federal Reserve, is this a good one?
>>
>>23538653
Men and Powers: A Political Retrospect by Helmut Schmidt
>>
File: 1709002677791.jpg (59 KB, 474x398)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>23538653
The Money Masters by Bill Still (documentary).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOk3wBuQNcE

End the Fed by Dr. Ron Paul.
>Ron Paul's predictions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK14ObEOkd0
>Farewell speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfY_cXFfh3A
>>
>>23538882
>What book would you recommend me to read?
About what? Like I said if you're interested in fully understanding current regulations for some practical reason or such vs. intellectual history that's very different.

Money and banking existing in America in many forms since the colonial era. A lot of that's interesting, like if you want to know more about the freebanking era check out "Bank Notes and Shinplasters: The Rage for Paper Money in the Early Republic"... if you think the government not issuing IOUs is good you should try understanding what happens when everyone is forced to use private IOUs and face values end up exchanging at differencing rates

The typical lolbert/leftoid/monetarist Fed obsession is pathological.
The Federal Reserve system is reactionary, it's always responding to commercial innovations (or government doing what it wants) and private actors finding out ways to circumvent and subvert. Try reading something like "Wriston: Walter Wriston, Citibank, and the Rise and Fall of American Financial Supremacy" for what went on commercially instead of bureaucratically. Like I said the Fed didn't lobby Nixon to drop the gold peg, Nixon just came out and said the government would no longer give their creditors gold at some fixed rate anymore.

Try to figure out the contradiction of a Milton Friedman thinking government bureaucrats can control the "supply" of money, use interest rates to "control" inflation and how Volcker jacking up interest rates blew up that idea quietly
>>
ben bernanke's book is free on audible plus. it's a fun listen if you want to hear what was going on inside the fed during the financial crisis. there's also a similar book on audible plus called money games by weihan shan that's an inside look into the asian financial crisis in the 90s which is pretty interesting too.
>>
>>23538662
>It makes no sense to have all these competing private usurers that are "too big to fail" anyway.
Like the private usurers that own the fed?
>>
>>23539508
I would just merge it with the treasury to make the Monopoly bank

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.