[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1200x630.jpg (25 KB, 408x630)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
For me, it has to be the German Ideology by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.
Their critique of ideology has made me question my beliefs, customs that I adhere to. Even things such as fighting for my country. Now I would never want to kill anybody, as I am a pacifist, but now I have even less motivation, because I understand that beneath patriotism, nationalism, etc. lies a cynical truth - they are all in it for the money.
Baudrillard also had a similar impact on me, though perhaps more extreme, even.
I thought about going into politics, but now I'm too cynical for it. Left-wing, right-wing - all crooked, corrupt and nepotistic people pretending to work for the people. The nation. Church. Race.
It is truly over, /lit/, reading Marx had made me cynical.
>>
File: file.png (255 KB, 480x563)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>
>>23539772
>Labor is not the source of all wealth. Nature is just as much the source of use values (and it is surely of such that material wealth consists!) as labor, which itself is only the manifestation of a force of nature, human labor power.
>>
>>23539761
If this blackpilled you the most then why do you still have meaningful beliefs at all?
>>
>>23539761
Marx wasn't a pacifist. The Second International turned Marxism into kumbaya we're the world.
>>
hard to have a family when ur a pacifist. ull have to rely on someone to keep the streets safe surely. pacifism is a meme for childless monks
>>
Pacifism is shit. I prefer reciprocation. Begin with kindness, then respond in kind. Most efficient way to ensure cooperation on a grand scale.
>>
>>23540824
>but now I have even less motivation, because I understand that beneath patriotism, nationalism, etc. lies a cynical truth - they are all in it for the money
This was a liberating revelation for me. There is no intellectual or culture war, it's all money. So you don't need to worry or think about it.
>>
>>23540075
you ever thought that other women might attack your kids if you let them play in the kindergarten? Happens all the time. I mean women are weaker than men but she sure as hell can go kick an 8 year old (Lexi)
>>
>>23540063
I know that, but I am very skeptical of Marxist ideologies who claim to be fighting for freedom, but in the end they enslave you under their own ideologies (Marxism-Leninism, etc.).
>>
>>23539761
And? Money is neutral, not bad. Patriotism and violence are good as long as it benefits me and my surroundings
>>
>>23540921
Marx wasn't a moralist so he didn't classify money as "bad". Instead he recognized its role as part of capitalism, which in his view only produced benefit to the bourgeoisie, while dispossessing the proletariat, forcing them in a position where their subsistance is based solely on their selling of their labor-power. Anyway, I think OP is either part of the proletariat or at the least takes their side in the class struggle. That's also the reason why he doesn't view patriotism as benefitial to him; like Marx he sees the nation-state as a structure meant to preserve capitalist relations through class-collaborationism, the disawoval of the class-struggle.
>>
>>23540997
I mean, I would even agree with him in that the biggest division of people stems from class differences, not race etc. differences.
IMO its not necessarily unjust tho:
Rich born people tend to manage money better than poors. Give 1 million $ to 1 rich guy, he will invest it carefully and maybe give some to charity. Give 1000$ to 1000 poors, the vast majority will just eat and consume it away. Wealth is better managed centralized as long as the poors have acceptable living conditions (meaning, like not living in slums or trailer parks. Some social security is good).
Poors who still manage to manage money well will ascend the ladder anyway and get at least to upper middle class.

Also: Im not well-read in Marx, but I imagine his perspective on patriotism is formed by his historical circumstance. If Marx experienced modern immigration and great replacement, he would be quick to appell to the patriotic spirit to drive the browns out.
>>
>>23539761
that fat old jew could do nothing in life then try to depress young people then lead them to astray to his secular talmudism and all the other crap he tried to con off as intellectual.
>>
>>23539761
"The Evolution of Desire" by David Buss

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.