[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Poe.jpg (9 KB, 240x210)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Hey guys recommend me short story writers.
I recently read Edgar Alan Poe and I was fascinated by his way of writing so I did a little more research and discovered this type of writing. I think I know some writers of this type of stories but I wanted to see which ones they recommended.
They don't necessarily have to be horror, any works for me.
>>
>>23539784
Boccaccio
>>
>>23539784
Raymond Carver
Brian Evenson
Alice Munro
Borges
Ted Chiang
>>
>>23539784
Serious question did you legitimately not know short stories were a form of literature before you read Poe? Did the concept never enter your head that people might want to express themselves in something other than long ass novels? That said, read Chekhov.
>>
>>23539784
Joyce
Balzac
Clive Barker
Flannery O’Connor
>>
File: 712Oy7+9zaL._SL1500_.jpg (136 KB, 980x1500)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Mariana Enriquez might be up your alley.She has another collection called "Things we lost in the fire".
She sort of mixes the normal urban life with horror which lurks beneath the surface.
>>
There is also Horacio Quiroga.
he wrote a lot about nature and the jungle and the sort of dangers it presents.
Here is one of his best " The Feather Pillow". Best read at night before going to sleep.

https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0606301h.html
>>
>>23540878
Oh, why did I listen to you? That IS creepy.
>>
Maupassant is great
La horla is definitely worth reading
>>
File: Philip K. Dick: PBUH.jpg (558 KB, 1400x1050)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
H.P. Lovecraft, Philip K. Dick, and Harlan Ellison have dozens and dozens of short stories to their credit.
>>
Saki
Hemingway
Salinger
Updike
Yates
Cheever

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.