[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20120627-145321.jpg (188 KB, 640x853)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Welp. I'm going to go write a novel now
>>
>>23539856
why do you say that? also, did you like the book? i havent read anything of gaddis but might try in the future
>>
>>23539886
Are you asking him to be specific?
>>
>>23539886
I read it after reading all 4 of his other books and felt called to bring more expression-from-the-individual into the world
>>
>>23539891
great, i wish you the best of luck with it
>>23539890
more of a general question
>>
>Penguin Classic
>creased the fuck up after one reading

Many such cases.
>>
>>23539931
Yea they're really trash but they allow you to tell easily if someone's actually read what's on their bookshelf kek
>>
>>23539931
How do you read a book? You don’t open it more than 90 degrees, do you?
>>
File: 1713557937927612.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>23539856
This is one of the worst books I've ever read. If I unlearned what I learned about player pianos from never having read this, so be it
>>
>>23539856
Cool. Just don't be inspired by the tedious blowhard Gaddis.
>>
>>23539931
>>23539932
What’s wrong with Penguin Classic?
>>
>>23539953
Huh? Tell me more about the book, anon.
>>
>>23539856
PEDOPHILE
>>
>>23539931
how terrible is your life that you moan over the fact someone buys a cheaper version of a fucking novel
>>
>>23540930
Quality gone bad (paper, spine, etc) but pricing stayed the same.
Remember that you could get oxford classic for better quality, references and cheaper price, alma classic for better quality, detailed annotation, and cheaper price, or collins classics for an even more cheaper price and better paper (designed for student)
Also penguin clothbound is not as good as it looks. Try to touch one, feel for yourself. People are going with everyman lib for hc print these days. Better dust jacket, cover, and spine design.
>>
>>23540930
Cheapness. But that was the founding principle of the Lane brothers: bringing books to the public for very affordable prices. The paperbacks were always a tad light, but there's no reason it can't last, providing you take care of your books. I have Penguins passed down to me from my mother that she bought in the 80s, still in good condition.
>>
>>23539856
read this the other day and had a different impact entirely. just makes me feel bad for the man that devotes his life to creating something which eventually comes to mock him in his feeble elderly years, as the man begins to be ignored.
that he hated his debut novel is no surprise, and he is quite blunt about it
>>
>>23539953
>he got filtered by maybe a single page worth of information about a player piano
you're a fragile sort

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.