[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>supposedly a great detective
>lets women, Mormons and the KKK get away with crimes
What did daddy Doyle mean by this?
>>
>>23540950
>KKK
The 5 orange pips. You will recall that the ship in which the Klansmen arrived to England was lost at sea if you actually read it
>Mormons
I'm assuming the Valley of Death. The first victim was the would-be murderer. All the leaders were arrested years ago by the plainclothesman, and though he himself was killed, Doyle implies it was Moriarty's doing. Therefore, he gets revenge at the Fall of Reichenbach
>women
Irene Adler I presume. She is portrayed as the only woman on an intellectual equal to Sherlock. This is partially why he lets them roam free, as well as the fact that Irene doesn't intend to do anything with her blackmail McGuffin

Also, he solved all 3. He IS the greatest detective in deduction skills. Whether the suspect is actually captured or not depended on other factors in these stories. He doesn't always do the legally correct choice either. In the Blue Carbuncle he confronts the man who stole the jewel and gave it to a goose, but he then let him go home free in an act of "Christmas Spirit"
>>
>>23540950
It is unfortunate that societies throughout history have been soft on females, this has never made much sense to me.
>>
>>23540968
>>Mormons
>I'm assuming the Valley of Death.
lol this "hard-core Sherlock fan" hasn't read Study in Scarlet. and he thinks he can correct others about it
>>
>>23540950
whats the problem
>>
File: Drug Cats State.jpg (93 KB, 680x671)
93 KB
93 KB JPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.