[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Average IA experience.png (1.04 MB, 1718x1084)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>Let's go borrow a book at Internet Archive!
>*Borrow Unavailable* Aw dangit!
>>
inb4 the thread becomes a (justified) shit on chuck wending thread.
>>
>>23540998
He’s a fat homosexual with AIDs.
>>
>>23541050
It is a compelling argument.
>>23541002
AIDS is an acronym. The s doesn't need to be lowercase. It carries equal weight to the other letters.
>>
>>23540979
Just steal it then
>>
>>23541054
You have AIDs, faggot.
>>
>>23541054
>AIDs
Wrong. He needs social aid, because he is mentally retarded and a burden on society.
>>
I mostly read old academic journals from there and haven't noticed any change.
>>
>>23541094
It depends on what you want to read. This can even extend to me most kitschy of books.
>>
>>23540979
>>
>>23540979
If you're patient it's relatively easy to find a copy of the hobbit at thrift stores. Most thrift stores sell paperbacks for anywhere from 25 cents to a dollar max
>>
>>23540979
Seriously when did it become so many borrows? I could have sworn it wasn't like that before.
>>
I love how utterly retarded the search system is. If I so much as dare to write a single kanji I will be hit with billions of random Chink shit, if I write a hanzi then I will be hit with Japanese shit, and even aside from this almost nothing is catalogued properly and most of the time when you search for something you get drowned in a billion newspaper magazines or other random data that doesn't share even a single word with what you were searching for.
>>
>>23542663
I don't search on archive.org directly. I just type "[title] + archive" into google and something always comes up.
>>
>>23540979
>>23542066
Probably ever since they overstepped their bounds during the pandemic and got sued to oblivion by the entire writers guild.

Shit sucks but they walked into it. A sad state of things.
>>
I hope no one wonders why we just download e-books.
>>
>>23540979
>>23541152
Honest question, why not just download the book somewhere else? I've borrowed from the Internet Archive before when I didn't want to download a bunch of books I wouldn't read again (some stuff for a school project) but unless it's something you're going to read in one sitting why not just take 5 minutes to download it and keep forever?
>>23543576
It's funny that the writer's guild specifically fucked over people who either didn't know how to actually pirate or who were trying to stay more or less ethical, as opposed to the impossible task of taking down real book piracy sites
>>
>>23540979
It's annoying when I can't pirate some books or I can't have the version I need.
>>
I tried to buy an ebook once, from like ebook dot com or something. One of the most needlessly obtuse activities I've ever attempted. Had to fight for a refund.
I will pirate now
>>
>>23543693
>why not just download the book somewhere else?
Any suggestions where?
>>
>>23544303
zlib, libgen, anna's????
how can you not know the most basic shit
>>
>>23544303
annas-archive.gs has had basically everything I've ever looked for on there, the only thing I can remember having trouble with is Carmilla (pre-Dracula vampire novel from 1872). If you want a specific version of a book you can search by ISBN. Has some rare/banned books as well so you'll have no trouble with The Hobbit.
>>
>>23545314
Oh also, since you might be new to e-reading outside of using the Internet Archive's own reading thing. I like epub files over pdfs, I used to like pdfs more but epubs control with the arrow keys so they're more comfortable if you're not using a mouse. The only thing is you might have to download something like Nice File Viewer to read them. Also pdfs may be better for books with images
>>
>>23545314
only for english

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.