[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (1) (2).jpg (10 KB, 160x234)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
I don't like picrel book but it's just an example for what i want to say

in all reality, Teenage love is only a promoted archetypal concept within media and literature, Teenage love resembles the care-free love that does not involve responsibility, It is strangely close to the "soul mate" concept where you find a person that resonates and correlates with your beliefs, Therefore it's just another form of escapism, Because as a teenage your hormones are not stable and are still developing therefore emotions are pushed to the maximum and everything seems to be perfect, Almost like doing drugs but in a healthy way, I know anon that when we think of it like this we feel something inside of us that was dead a long time ago is starting to weep and trying to emerge within the ruins of banality. But in reality a person can experience the same feeling if met with a person who has the same mindset, A hopeless romantic who does not deploy barriers and armor out of fear of deception which he has been prone to, This is the problem anon, When we grow older we lose ourselves and the innocent search for a mate to embark in our adventure, If a person finds the correct partner and opens up their true selves with him then that's where you can experience a better love than teenage love, A true love that abolishes insecurity and any worry about the world
>>
Bump
>>
>>23541300
Most things from childhood are overrated, especially love. Life starts at 40 and people who peak in childhood/high school are truly pathetic.
>>
>>23541501
Now THIS, my good friends... is cope. Probably the highest form of Copium I've seen all month. TRUE and UTTER COPE in its pure and unadultured form.
I congratulate you, sir. Your cope is truly something to behold.
>>
>>23541501
Agree, Peaking in highschool only leads to a disastrous life devoid of any surprises, Great point but at age 40 is absurd, I think life begins at 20. What are you Kant ? Lmao
>>
>>23541501
I think you mean thirty, but I generally agree with your thought.
>>
>>23541520
not a lot really happens at 20 though. it seems like life starts because you've left home, having more sex, drinking & smoking & voting &tc. but really the major internal events happen age 11, 14, and then later 20s. then probably 80s.
>>
>>23541543
I haven't done any of those shit, They're not essential to life and they're only distractions to what life provides.
20 begins because the brain departs from the state of expecting and it starts to realize that you cannot get what you want and that life is not as it seemed in your teenage years
>>
>>23541606
i think sex and relationships is a big part of it (but although you might lose it age 14-20, you don't really learn much about it til after uni)
>>
>>23541514
Not really cope when my life is getting better with each passing year, and you're still reminiscing about your high school years.
>>23541520
>>23541533
I'm just parroting what Jung said. Until 40 you're just collecting information, then at that age you actually fully develop a personality and everything. 20 is way too young, mentally people are still children at that age and haven't experienced anything in life.
>>
>>23541697
25 is the agreed age of maturity, 40 is way way beyond a person's comprehension, Carl Jung thinks that everyone must be like Kant but trust me maturity can be at a young age, One can be fulfilled at a young age, What is even experience ? I mean Ian Curtis married at 19 and did what he needed and commited suicide at 23.
It's just a social construct concept of maturing at older age but maturity is when you possess childish passion while at the same time retaining your childish manners and portraying adult manners
>>
>>23541649
>Lose it age 14-20
Boy how wrong you are
>>
>>23541727
>Maturity is killing yourself at 23 because you and your wife are divorcing
>>
>>23541735
Maturity is subjective bro, Define Maturity then by your meaning
>>
>>23541727
What is 'maturity'? The period your brain and bones stop growing, and you can drink legally, drive, vote, and have a fulltime job? Any idiot can do these things, I don't count them as maturity. I know a lot of 20-30 year olds that do all these things, yet are unknowledgeable about a lot of aspects of life and are very naïve in general.
And yes, while geniuses can already can be mature at a young age, e.g. Mozart started writing his first real masterpieces around the age of 25, those are few and far between. And I don't count pop musicians that killed themselves intentionally or unintentionally like Ian Curtis or Kurt Cobain as geniuses at all, they're quite overrated.
>>
>>23541732
there are exceptions
>>
>>23541768
Ian Curtis is not Kurt Cobain, Ian was a genius at a young age and used to write poetry and his music resonates with profound themes, Kurt is just an overrated pop fag.
And Maturity is similar to your meaning but even if a person still with a consciousness that abides him from animals acts like a fucking animals then he's still immature, Maturity is when you're an ethical person, A person can never mature even at old age only when he realizes that his actions are detrimental to society and to himself, A person can mature at 20 if he gains self awareness of his actions
>>
>>23541501

i am waiting for life to start at 50
>>
>>23541778
>Ian Curtis is not Kurt Cobain, Ian was a genius at a young age and used to write poetry and his music resonates with profound themes, Kurt is just an overrated pop fag.
That's your opinion, but not the opinion of most. Most people would put them in the same group of pop culture figures, such as Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison.
>Maturity is when you're an ethical person
I can agree with this
>A person can mature at 20 if he gains self awareness of his actions
But so very few people at that age do, while people in midlife, i.e. the time period when they reevaluate and reassess life, usually do
>>
>>23541778
people are animals. maturity only means sexual maturity.
>>
>>23541803
Wrong, Maturity is not a freudian concept for fuck sake, Sexual maturity is instinctual and happens intrinsically but maturity is when you possess an advantageous conscious above humans.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.