[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711474774523396.jpg (73 KB, 640x640)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Does anyone read on a tablet or e-reader? I'm thinking of buying one but I also don't want to finish frying my eyeballs with yet another bright screen.
>>
>>23541660
based concern. This is why I stick with paper in general. I have a Kindle for stuff I don't want to keep on my shelves long term and I'll only read once like crappy genre fiction or expensive non fiction that I can just pirate
>>
Just read in your phone. I prefer to actually own physical books, but if I have to read digital, the phone is fine.
>>
>>23541660
e-readers, unlike tablets, do not hurt your eyes and dont blast you with blue light. I bought one a decade ago and it was worth every penny
>>
>>23541683
My phone fries my eyes.
>>23541677
I'm a poorfag so I can't buy paper very often.
>>23541737
Thank you, I'll look into one then.
>>
>>23541660
Yes, I do. I read lots of books on my Kindle Paperwhite. It has never bothered my eyes that I can tell, but I also read the old fashioned way.
>>
>>23541742
I recommend a cheap Kobo. Wide range of formats, long battery life, sideload with ease.
>>
>>23541660
Brightness can be adjusted on a ereader (can be turned all the way to 0). Also most new ereader can adjust the color tempereture

On an oled tablet/phone you can set the background to black (in other words off) and have white text (or any color and brightness that you want)
>>
>>23541660
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 8". Is old as fuck, but is the only existing tablet on that size with amoled screen. It is also cheap as fuck second hand and vhanging the battery is not yoo difficult.
What i did was to change the night font of librera to red~orange over completelly black background. I don't think there is a better solution to read at night.

It is very light, but i wish it was still a little lighter for long over-head readind sessions.
>>
>>23541742
There's some good apps to reading on your phone, making it way comfier.
>>
>>23541660
not reading the other posts. just get an e-ink reader. turn on airplane mode and only upload by usb, behold the cancer is gone on whatever e-reader you choose.

by the way is there any e-reader that has actually excellent battery life? i'm an EE and know perfectly well that these things could draw nanoamps at any time other than a 50ms period after you press a button and it drives me into a fucking frenzy that a full charge doesn't last an entire year like it could because these dumb niggers have to stuff it full of unoptimized software bloat.
>>
'
>>
Definitely get an e-reader
I have a kindle paperwhite and it's great but I'm sure most of them are good these days
>>
Any particular reason other than convenience/space? Blue light filter and dim phone screen go a long way. Use dark mode as well. I have finished a TON of books just reading from my phone on my breaks at work
>>
>>23543081
This doesn't count as reading. One eye on your phone screen and another on the clock. You have to reread all of those books if you want credit.
>>
>>23543081
Some people wanna minimise distractions. Having a dedicated device for reading helps. It also reduces eye strain from constantly looking at blue light.
>>
Have an old kobo. I prefer physical but an e reader with a decent epub isn't bad. Calibre is a decent program to convert PDFs into epub
>>
>>23543081
Because the battery life is much better than a phone and the screen is better
>>
>>23541660
I read on my iPad and turn Night Shift all the way to the max and I have it automatically kick in
I’m not sure how this is worse than reading in bed with a low-energy bulb on suitable for reading a paper book
If you buy directly from Apple you get a 14-day no-questions-asked return policy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.