[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: retard.png (1.08 MB, 1179x1299)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
are you turning your HARD books into EASY books yet?
>>
>>23541675
I showed my uncle a non-fiction piece of mine written in Carlylean prose and he told me to rewrite it according to Strunk & White. What do you think of that?
>>
>>23541675
to be fair, that book is just a collection of gratuitous adjectives with some homoeroticism sprinkled in
>>
>>23543510
What if the English to English translator removes the homoeroticism?
>>
>>23543708
>the next morning i talked to whatshisface in his underwear
>in the end, i was super gay for gatsby
it would probably still be there
>>
>>23541675
>avoid difficult language
>>
File: IMG_7898.jpg (817 KB, 1816x2354)
817 KB
817 KB JPG
With usury, no one has a well-built house, each stone cut and fitting perfectly.

With usury, no one sees beautiful paintings on church walls, like angels with harps or the Virgin Mary with a halo.

With usury, no one sees the noble families or their heirs in long-lasting pictures. Instead, art is made to sell quickly.

With usury, bread is always stale and dry, without good wheat or strong flour.

With usury, everything becomes unclear, and no one can find a place to live.

The stonecutter can't work with his stone, and the weaver can't use his loom.

With usury, wool doesn't reach the market, and sheep bring no profit.

Usury is a disease; it dulls the needle in the maid's hand and stops the spinner's skill.

Great artists like Pietro Lombardo, Duccio, Pier della Francesca, and Zuan Bellini did not create their works with usury. 'La Calunnia' wasn't painted with usury.

Angelico and Ambrogio Praedis didn't work with usury, and no church built with cut stone has the mark "Adam made me" because of usury.

Usury rusts tools, ruins craftsmanship, and breaks threads in looms. No one can weave gold patterns anymore; beautiful colors and materials are spoiled.

Usury stops young people from having children, courting, and ruins marriages.

It brings corruption to sacred ceremonies and desecrates feasts.

Note: Usury is charging for the use of money without considering the production or possibility of production, leading to economic problems.
>>
>>23541675
Women and Indians are going to love this
>>
>>23541675
Scariest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>23544170
>>23544170

>Anyone who is too lazy to master the comparatively small glossary necessary to understand Chaucer deserves to be shut out from the reading of good books for ever.
>>
File: massive_hmmm.png (158 KB, 371x401)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>23541675
This is maybe only suitable for ESLs like me who struggle with english words i haven't read or heard.
But then again, the fastest way to learn new words is seeing them in context to words i already know, expanding my pool of known words further. For who is this exactly?
Low IQ retards? They don't read anyway.
>>
>>23541675
The Mediocre Matthew
>>
>>23544200
Did you mean to respond to another post?
>>
File: IMG_7902.jpg (429 KB, 1200x1529)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
Should I compare you to a summer day?
You’re more lovely and gentle.
Rough winds shake the May flowers,
And summer’s too short.
Sometimes the sun’s too hot,
And sometimes it's hidden by clouds;
Everything beautiful eventually fades,
By chance or by nature’s course;
But your beauty won’t fade,
You’ll always stay beautiful,
And death won't take you away,
Because you’ll live on in this poem.
As long as people live and see,
This poem will keep you alive.
>>
File: IMG_7903.jpg (110 KB, 640x822)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a flower means to see big things in small details.

A caged robin makes heaven angry. A house full of birds causes distress. A starving dog means the state is in trouble. An abused horse calls for justice. A hunted hare's cry causes pain, and a wounded skylark silences an angel.

Hurting animals and nature causes problems. Misusing a lamb causes public strife, but the lamb forgives. The evening bat symbolizes disbelief, and the night owl represents fear.

Hurting small creatures brings bad luck. Training a horse for war brings punishment. Feeding a beggar's dog and a widow's cat brings good fortune. Gossip is harmful, and jealousy destroys art.

Telling the truth with bad intentions is worse than lies. Life includes both joy and sorrow, and knowing this helps us get through life. Joy and sorrow are connected, forming our soul. Under every sorrow, there is hidden joy.

Every tear becomes a blessing in eternity, caught by bright beings and returned as delight. Animal sounds are like waves hitting heaven's shore. A child's faith is precious and should be protected.

Mocking or teaching children to doubt has negative consequences. Respecting their faith leads to good outcomes. Childish toys and old man's wisdom are important at different stages of life.

Doubt and questioning are natural but can lead to loss of understanding. Passion can do good, but uncontrolled passion causes harm. The cries of the oppressed signal a nation's downfall.

Every day, some people are born into misery, others into happiness. Believing in lies happens when we don't see the truth. God appears as light to those in darkness but shows a human form to those in the light.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.