[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702296749411847.jpg (7 KB, 229x220)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>pop-psych psueds think the Oedipus complex is a mommy-milf fetish and not the natural resentment a son feels towards his domineering father who prevents him from self-actualizing his masculinity

Also, general “Freud was right about everything” thread
>>
>>23542281
I keep having this dream with Elektra, but she has a strap-on and is flexible enough to auto-felate, her anus is clamped shut though so I can't put any anal beads in her. Clearly her penis envy is being satisfied, as well as her oral fixation and OCD, but I am still left wondering whether she wants to kill me. If she does, I really want her to sit on me and choke me with one hand and lightly spank my testicles with the other. Otherwise a cigar is just a cigar if you know what I mean.
>>
I was raised by a single mother and I don't have an oedipus complex. What would Freud tell me?
>>
File: IMG_0134.jpg (226 KB, 816x1024)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
Why do we always talk about Freud and never pic rel? She’s basically the stereotypical image everyone gets when they think of psychoanalysts. Witness how. It’s never “tell me about your father” (Freud), it’s “tell me about your mother” (Klein), and every long winded super crazy sounding interpretation of a dream in pop culture you’ve ever heard.
>>
>she
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>23542319
Same. I'm curious, too.
inb4:
>you're an effeminate faggot
>>
>>23542354
Prepare yourself little boy, I’m going to come over there with the scissors, and cut your little pecker off if you speak ill of Klein ever again.
>>
>>23542281
Brainlet (Freudian) tier:
>oedipus? you want to fuck your mommy!

Midwit (lacanian) tier:
>oedipus is a symbolic structure that mediates desire (incest) and social prohibition (castration), locating the fragmented/illusory subjective “I” within a triangular framework (mommy/daddy/me, imaginary/symbolic/real, etc.)

big brain (deleuzian) tier:
>oedpius misunderstands desire as lack instead of as desiring-production

Galaxy brain (me) tier:
>oedipus? You want to fuck your mommy!
>>
>>23542281
It seems like it’s simple eugenic human behavior which got strangely pathologized
>males want to mate with females
>humans are a social animal, we have roles we have to play throughout life
>if a man mates with a woman, he is traditionally expected to be a father and she a mother
>men look for women with motherly traits, women look for men with fatherly traits
>millions of years pass
>Freud says “this is all just repression of sick desire! Men want to fuck their own mom and women want to fuck their dad!”
>now that he made it weird, people stop doing it
>the dysgenicists won
>>
>>23542348
Bumping for Klein tarts.
>>
>>23542281
I have a specific memory from when I was around 5 of my mom picking me up from preschool or somewhere, thinking she was pretty. Is this normal? Does it explain the decade long mental breakdown I'm in the midst of?
>>
>>23543365
Is this your earliest memory? What else can you tell us about it?
>>
>>23543418
It was an overwhelmingly positive experience as she picked me up from the school wearing black with black heels and possibly leather.
Around that same young age though is a memory of my mom chasing me up the stairs and spanking me (I forget what for) despite me running, pleading, and crying. (There's also a very early one I can't remember the details of, something along the lines of my brother and I sniffing each other's buttholes and thinking it was the funniest shit ever, though I might've sniffed my own somehow, I really forget. I don't associate it with trauma but I do wonder about it sometimes).
The earliest is probs my mom reading bedtime stories tho.
>>
>>23543460
Well according to psychoanalysts the only way to make sense of these kinds of things is through associations, so you’d have to tell us all the things that come to mind, and experiences, about the color black, leather, spanking, buttholes, etc, and I’m not sure if you want to be psychoanalyzed here.
>>
>>23543487
True, a private setting with a professional might be more appropriate.
>>
>>23543533
It’s 4chan, nobody knows your face or cares how weird it is. Probably better than talking to some jew
>>
>>23542319
>>23542358
literally didn't read the OP. idiots

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.