[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719794215860.jpg (574 KB, 850x860)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
There's nothing new under the sun, they say. And so every aspect of written work is inspired or replicated from others.

This brings me to my point, and my question.

If you were to compromise a series of books to describe the mentality of any of the Primarchs from Warhammer 40k, which who choose and for whom?

I'll start with what books I'd ascribe to Roboute Guilliman's character:
>The Art of War
>Meditations
>Republic
>The Book of Five Rings
>Rule of Saint Benedict
>Letters From a Stoic
>The Wealth of Nations
Basically, my thoughts here are that Guilliman is all about being practical, stoic, efficient, and reasonable. He's fills an "ancient Greek ideal" archetype in many respects.

Do you have any you would add for Guilliman? Or a list of your own you can think of for other characters or Primarchs?
>>
^ (Me)
Comprise*
>>
>>23543026
Rufio. Rufio. Rufio. RUFIO. RUFIO. RUFIO. RUFIOOOOOOO!!!!
>>
>>23543038
I beg your pardon
>>
>>23543026
>slopwar 40k with le BASED emperor and EPIC lore
fuck off
>>
>>23543220
If you're not gonna add anything to the discussion then you're the one who needs to fuck off
>>
The Prince would probably fit well with Lorgar or Fulgrim I think.
Because theyre basically entitled sociopaths.
>>
>>23543220
Oh you one of them pretentious type faggots ain't ya
>>
>>23543026
>WHOOOAAAA LE WARHAMMER!! FOR DA EMPRAH HAHA!!! PURGE THE UNWASHED!! WAAAARGGHHH FOR THE ORRUKS!!! SPACE MARINES!!! CRAFT BEER!!! XDDDDDD
Neck yourself manchild.
>>
I just can't get into lore that makes no sense. When you have galaxy spanning empires, elite foot soldiers are never going to be important. You are just going to bomb the shit out of your enemies from orbit.
>>
>>23543716
What a spergout
>>
>>23543716
You ok?
>>
>>23543718
I think it can be explained by the fact that the planets theyre fighting over are usually valuable or fragile such that bombing would ruin it. Like important factories and infrastructure. But I see your point. It's a space opera after all.
>>
>>23543701
Filtered by a 500 old book lmao

Guileman is much more close Machiavelli than you think

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.