[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Screenshot (20).png (118 KB, 1512x338)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
Was it the French?
Why did they do it?
>>
literacy being accessible to women is going to be as radical of a change in society as when food production became accessible to women with the advent of agriculture.
What happened 8,000 years ago was that agricultural societies thrived but led to an unprecedented level of equality between men and women.
This is what is depicted in the Adam and Eve story, that's why it's a garden, it was the origin of agriculture, only through Adam developing rudimentary script could he regain superiority over women and reproduce. 95% of men didn't. The past 8,000 years has been human society figuring out how to read.
>>
>life is about "opportunities for excitement"
lmfao, if it were legal i'd literally walk down the street bebopping to music with sunglasses on punching every single woman in the face as i pass them
>>
File: 1000002490.jpg (217 KB, 800x1167)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>23543128
Every era of French literature comes with a major feminine writer (Marie de France, Christine de Pisan, Marguerite de Navarre, Louise Labé, Mme. de Lafayette, Mme. de Sévigné, Mme. de Genlis, Mme. de Staël, Georges Sand). Women were always readers and writer, and used to be the hostesses to literary clubs, there is even a word, "salonnières" for them : https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femmes_et_salons_litt%C3%A9raires_en_France
>>
>>23543820
I don't approve, but you made me roar with laughter nonetheless.
>>
>>23543128
Yes, they’re sneaky bastards just trying to get into their pants
>>
>>23543820
>if it were legal i'd literally walk down the street bebopping to music with sunglasses on punching every single woman in the face as i pass them
The law sure does rob us of our opportunities for excitement.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.