[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

when did the idea of putting someone out of their misery start to be seen as evil? i feel like throughout most of history it was seen as a good thing to do, and many people would even put themselves out of their misery if they felt they were getting too old or too sick
what was the turning point for this idea?
>>
>>23544496
>when did the idea of putting someone out of their misery start to be seen as evil?
Has it? Most low T, nihilist zoomers are unironically pushing for legal euthanasia. I would also argue that it isn't necessarily seen as "evil" but an unnecessary decision that can cause a lot of pain to the people around you.
However, most people who I've met that have touched on this subject agree that sometimes some pain is too much and it's understandable for someone to ask for relief. So it depends.

Also, read Of Mice and Men for the first time last week and it's pretty damn good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.