[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pti9tjnmh2l41[1].jpg (319 KB, 1242x1546)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
I feel like there's probably quite a few opportunities for interesting writing where the protag has all the qualities of someone with ASPD (Lack of Empathy/Remorse, Chronic Boredom, Impulsivity etc.), but is technically on the side of angels.

I quite enjoyed Jeff Lindsay's Dexter books, and also Florida Roadkill, but those novels were still about serial killers.

What are some books with characters like Dexter Morgan or Serge Storms front and center, who have all the neuroses that come with and maybe aren't squeaky clean individuals, but nonetheless aren't the cliched "Serial Killer Killer" archetype? Doesn't even have to be on page explaining that they're a diagnosed Psycho, just if the shoe fits; also doesn't have to be straight up horror either. Thanks.
>>
>>23545875
>someone with ASPD (Lack of Empathy/Remorse, Chronic Boredom, Impulsivity etc.), but is technically on the side of angels.
Sounds like Hitler. Based
>>
>>23545893
Alcibiades from any Socrates dialogue too.
>>
>>23545875
Cosmos by Gombrowitcz
>>
>>23546053
But the narrator is more on the paranoid-schizo side
>>
>>23545875
The complete works of Marquis de Sade (besides Justine).
>>
>>23545875
Define Villain.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.