[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I enjoyed his work heavily since I'm into horror and sci-fi books. Any similar writers like him you could reccommend me?
>>
>>23547560
Absolutely based, love everything he did
>>
>>23547560
Based. He was friends with Gene Wolfe you should read him.
>>
>>23547744
Any in particular? "The Knight" looks like a good read from him.
>>
>>23547758
His magmum opus is BOTNS
>>
>>23547762
Thanks, anon. Will check it out!
>>
>>23547560
If I recall correctly his high school teacher said he could never be a writer, Ellison then proceeded to mail pictures and copies of every single literary award he won to said teacher until the teacher died
>>
>>23547811
What a loser. If I were that renowned and beloved world wide I wouldn’t be bothering with high school teachers.
>>
>>23547821
he generally seemed like an incredibly insecure dude, hence all the litigation, personal vendettas, getting into shouting matches over bullshit wherever he went etc etc. iirc he got bullied heavily as a kid for being tiny and jewish and he never got over it
>>
>>23547821
Hes a very spiteful person if you look into his biography, thats also shown in his works
>>
Theodore Sturgeon, maybe?
Also, check out the Dangerous Visions compilations.
>>
>>23547560
I wish more of his stuff was in print
>>
>>23547560
really annoying personality and his work isn't good enough to justify it.
similar writers: ballard, Thomas disch, Barry malzberg
>>
>>23547811
Incredibly based if you asked me. If he was bullied all his life and still made something of himself of course he was going to remember the once person who told him that he would NEVER be a success. That shit weighs on you, man.

>>23547949
No need to inform me of Sturgeon I love killdozer

>>23548013
I've read revelations from Malz that was pretty kino. Holy shit I didn't know Disc wrote the brave little toaster. Any from Ballard you wanna recommend me for a first timer?
>>
>>23547560
Jew

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.