[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nils_udo.jpg (84 KB, 637x471)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Are there any interesting books that look at genetics from a thoroughly well argumented ''alternative'' angle? The massive implications of the role of Genes that are widely accepted in biology have never really sat right with me, and I'm curious about the outlier and fringe theories regarding the subject. Works on Genetic manipulation/engineeeing are also welcome.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0TP_Ng4gA&
>>
>>23555764
the whole creature: Bio Semiotics and the Evolution of Culture by Wendy Wheeler fits the bill but I started reading it and it's like a bunch of leftist nonsense reinterpretations of history but on a biological level. I've been looking for works like this too because with the rise of the Noosphere and ultimately the Technosphere after it we will be forced to reconcile a world where genetics are no longer random but very very intentional. Intelligently Designed you might say. Cybernetics would be a good place to start but idk.
I hope someone else has a good idea because I've wanted a book like this for years but always just found pure sophistry. Fuck sophists.
>>
>>23555764
Socio constructed biology, gene expression as an enviromental thing, was sort of popular before 2012

For example why the number of men and women are roughly 50/50
>>
>>23555764
They're undergoing that as we speak. Instead of the eugenicists who took Darwinian principles a bit too far, they now want consumerist, sexless, stoned, AR/VR entranced, trooned out mutt cattle class who eat ze bugz.
>>
>>23556258
>it's like a bunch of leftist nonsense
goddamn it i was excited as fuck to read it after I was done with 20thC phil. Is the whole book nonsense?
>>
File: 1000007043.jpg (3.5 MB, 4000x3000)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
>>23556302
idk man its just way more leftist then I ever would have thought. I'm reading the introduction and it really put me off the book. it's doing that thing that all shitty philosophy does where it says the same thing over and over in various erudite ways, constantly referencing other authors and terms from within her highly specific academic circles so it further detaches itself from any universal meaning. and it's just like really really leftist, she says it's humanist
>>
>>23556391
So you haven't read the book itself
>>
>>23557918
I've read the first chapter which is introductory and outlines in great detail across its 25 pages what to expect from the rest of the book
>>
>>23555764
Biocivilisations by Predrag B. Slijepčević.
It kind of comes close to panpsychism also.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.