[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why do you guys hate him?
>>
>>23556789
there's nothing to like
>>
>>23556789
I like him
>>
>>23556789
The reason /lit/ hates him: because reddit likes him
The reason I hate him: his characters all speak like American high school students regardless of their age or supposed level of intelligence, and they have Hollywoodesque quips and banter. He also doesn't know how to write religion since he is a cultist and projects that onto every other religion, believing that every religion is a cult as well. It's a shame because otherwise he seems good at writing fictional worlds and magic systems.
>>
>>23556789
He created the reddit autism of "magic systems".
>>
File: IMG_1723.jpg (42 KB, 736x346)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>23556789
He doesn’t understand what magic is, or the psychology that goes into it.

I keep telling you this, but you retards too don’t know what magic is.

Hint: It’s supposed to be a soft label. It is a subjection. Not a true definition.

Magic is “magic”.
>>
>>23557056 (literally me samefagging)
>Not a true definition.
>Magic is “magic”
This. It’s a description, not a definition.
>>
>>23556815
The word ‘system’ is such a disservice to magic.

There is a system to EVERYTHING, yes, but what makes magic, well, magic, is the veil that covers it…

Leave it to the true, transcendental sage, or the wizard, to understand it, becoming an enigma themselves.

But be careful; when everyone’s a wizard, no one is.
>>
File: IMG_1114.jpg (93 KB, 640x503)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
It really sucks how people have forgotten what goes into, and keeps, the magic.

If mystery, wonder, horror, heresy, all that stuff, etc, make magic, then ignorance is the greatest magic of all.

It starts religions.

At its simplest, you had the ancients who had looked to the bright stars in the night sky, considering them gods.

No different from stage magic on a much, much grander scale. Existence is one big magician. Magic is a magician. You don’t ask a magician for their secrets, I hope.

Religion isn’t supposed to be honest, and definitely not truthful, otherwise the whole point of faith and belief is defeated.

The modern wizard is the mad scientist, poking at the edges of the unknown.

Magic is a black box. Poking at the black box often inevitably puts the poker on the inside of it, becoming black boxes in their own right, and true wizards are enigmas.

Even occultists like Aleister Crowley, who used terms like ‘magick’ to distinguish it from ‘mere’ stage magic, started to see a bigger picture, in the end… (pic related)

Once again, magic is “magic”, and it’s the big bad black pill /x/ refuses to swallow.
>>
>>23556789
he is everything they wish they could be. down to the good looks
>>
>>23557151
you can reiterate this a million times, but it will never be more than a parroted reddit take.
>>
>>23557172
And you will have less power for refusing to accept it.

Because ignorance, lies, the imagination, etc, is disgustingly powerful. You really do not want to know just how powerful.
>>
>>23557184
try converting that into practical, actionable information that isn't just reddit iq. otherwise fuck off
>>
>>23557185
Have charisma. Start a cult. Make art.
>>
>>23557191
please don't ever presume to know anything, ever again.
>>
>>23557208
You don’t need mind control powers to mind control people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EQ0FlVks4
>>
File: Shadows in Cave.jpg (118 KB, 1024x1024)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>23557184
the philosophical equivalent of "just start a drop shipping business reselling amazon crap at a 40% mark up" You should just kill yourself or something
>>
>>23557290
>how to draw an owl
>>
>>23557290
There was a time when the pope could sentence an entire nation to hell because people believed in God just that much.
>>
>>23557290
Half of America right now thinks men can get pregnant lol.

We can thank retarded social “scientists” weaponizing semantics for that.
>>
>>23556789
I wonder if he's as kind as he looks
>>
>>23557544
He is, but he can also be a pompous prick too I bet.
>>
>>23556789
Only trannies and pseudos with inferiority complex hate him.
But I don't think he is such an amazing writer either, I can enjoy some of his books. At least he grown was organic, not just a kike being astroturfed like Neil Gaiman.
>>
Even some of his fans are finding new slops for overhype. He should stop and judge if he really needs to write tons of books so fast and expand on what he has already created
>>
>>23557302
Saying whites are smarter than blacks or colonization was good is a literal curse of black magic upon leftists
>>
>>23557151
Based Crowley and Lam knower
>>
>>23556789
Some of it is just contrarians and pseuds doing their thing, but it's also difficult to achieve widespread appeal without catering to three lowest common denominator.
>>
>>23556789
sandon branderson...
>>
>>23556789
They hate him cuz his popular.

I bet the people on here would hate Akira Toryiama if he was around making dragonball in the modern era.
>>
>>23557151
>Magic is a black box. Poking at the black box often inevitably puts the poker on the inside of it, becoming black boxes in their own right, and true wizards are enigmas.
Yeah, black boxes may just be white within to the wizard, or varying shades of grey.
>>
>>23559800
Dragon Ball Z is legitimately pure trash.
>>
>>23559804
I am just saying considering how increasingly and potentially Brandon sanderson is probably going to become once his works gets adapted.
>>
>>23559836

>once his work gets adapted

Different anon here but now that you mention it it’s kind of insane that this hasn’t happened already. With the Game of Thrones rush you’d think there’d have been several companies trying to get Mistborn series/film rights years ago.
>>
>>23556789
I don't. I just think that fantasy is a solved genre after Tolkien and magic systems, grimdark and subversion add nothing to it.
>>
>>23556789
I dont read American consumer fantasy so I dont care. I read other countries trash fantasy but I dont pretend its great.
>>
He treats magic like a machine, and even though machines are totally magic, he misses the point of it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.