[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Best depressing literature?
>>
>>23600090
>meme answer
Memories from the underground, book of disquiet, no longer human, against the grain
>actual answer
The elementary particles
>>
>>23600090
beauty and sadness by yasunari kawabata
>>
why indulging on this knowingly?
>>
File: barndom-1617425671.jpg (367 KB, 892x1426)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>23600090
>>
>>23600090
>Best depressing literature?
Any book, while burning or drowning yourself.
>>
Thanks /lit/, I went and bought No Longer Human from Barnes and Noble.
>>
>>23601635
Which author? I searched on Goodreads for "No Longer Human" and found many books with the same title, but from different authors: Osamu Dazai Junji Ito, Usamaru Furuya, Katrin L. Thomson.
>>
The Painted Bird
>>
>>23601770
Dazai (Ito is a manga adaption of the same I believe)
>>
>>23601955
this hits hard
>>
>>23600227
I think it is just a fun holiday for happy people, and for the actually depressed it is at least comforting to know you are blissfully common. When I was at the worst of my depession, depressing stories totally lost their edge, sometimes becoming unintentionally comical. The pigshit-wallowing of most "depressing" media actually helped to snap me out of the strongest delusions
>>
>>23600090
>tranny author
kek
>>
The New Me
>>
Pessoa - The Book of Disquiet.
Never managed finish it even during my really depressed dissociated phase. Even then it was too depressing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.