[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1064084.jpg (51 KB, 290x475)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>christianity bad
>stoicism bad
>buddhism bad
>asceticism bad
>gnosticism bad
>religions bad
>God(devil) bad
>atheists bad
>utopianism bad
>Nietzsche bad
>Hegel bad
>nature bad
>earth bad
>pleasure bad
>procreation bad
>abstinence bad
>world bad
>women bad
>men bad
>matter bad
>desire bad
>transcendence bad
>joy bad
>happiness bad
>philosophy bad
>life bad

And pain?
>good.
>>
>>23616773
So bad is good? So an all loving God cannot hate evil
>>
I love this book because there is basically nothing else like it
>>
>>23616776
No, pain is good. God is Satan. Higher reality is just you
>>
>>23616794
Up is down, death is life, outside is inside, the past is the future, water is wine, drunk is sober, love is hate, bad is good
>>
>>23616827
No. Life is bad. Pain is good. Pain !=bad
>>
>>23616834
How can life be bad if there would be no pain (good) without life
>>
>>23616790
If this is a book where the author just invertes reality and then mass produces a paperback about it then I think you'll find Nietzsche stimulating as well
>>
>>23616844
Because only pain is good. This is like saying how can bad be bad because without bad there would be no good.
>>
>>23616846
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT read this book!
>>
100%
absolutely
unequivocally
based

Amazing book as well.
>>
>>23616855
No it's like saying how can the chicken be bad and the egg good if you can't have an egg without a chicken
>>
>>23617450
And? Why cant the egg be good and the chicken bad?
>>
what the fuck was the ending about
>>
>>23618325
Crystalman is like a ptism that divides the light of Muspel into corpuscles and the swirling dancers. The corpuscles are the back rays of muspel light which seek their home but never reach it. The dancers are those that pull them away.
I think
>>
>>23616773
Sounds based.
>>
File: 1719519643926.png (31 KB, 775x387)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>23616773
>all religious beliefs are le bad except mine
>also mine aren't heckin religious because... well... I say so!
Much profound, very wow.
>>
>>23619197
You're retarded. You don't even know what a religion is.
>>
>>23619197
Yes yes, there is a person in this thread who thinks this and says this to you specifically and you are very much above it all and mature, yes. Shaping is good, naturally. Pain is... le bad, because ow ow owie ow mommy pwease kiss my booboo :(
>>
>>23619332
But enough about you.

>>23619355
You guys are the dumbest people I've talked to on all of 4chan today. The schizo spammers in the Christian threads might be the exception, but I imagine you're the same as some of them.
>>
File: I.jpg (62 KB, 680x794)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>tfw Krag tells the crestfallen Nightspore "I am the stronger and the mightier."
>>
>>23619365
Who's "you guys"? You're the one who started ranting about religions and shooting at phantoms in your head. Methinks it is you who are the schizo
>>
for me everything is bad
What novel explores this?
>>
>>23619489
A Voyage to Arcturus by David Lindsay
>>
That's why I always try to cause as much pain as possible. People who live without it will always live in perpetual infancy, like Panawe and Joiwind. Living in constant escape of the horrible, imposing reminder that is Poolingdred's neighbor, Ifdawn Marest.
>>
Suffering is likely closer to the core truth of being more than anything else
>>
>>23618325
Reality is a prison for a god parasite. Some beings slowly crawl towards freedom like Nightspore but the overwhelming reality is the cosmic battle is like a minutiae against dark infinity.
>>
>>23616776
Why would God be required to hate evil? I imagine he looks at it with pity and disappointment. And yes, he did make it, but I also fuck up my steaks sometimes; It doesn’t mean I’m not going to eat it.
>>
>>23616773
I think like this, thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>23619489
>everything is bad
>posts some mutt jezebel saved on his hard drive anyways
LARPer
>>
>>23620185
everything is ugly too
>>
>>23616773
Why is every Lindsay a total idiot?
>>
>>23622281
What makes this Lindsay a "total idiot"?
>>
don't distort the book for meme points. gnosticism good. pain for its own sake, bad. the redemptive pain of struggle that magnetizes you to God and burns down the cloying house-trap of reality, good.

>>23619374
hypest line in western literature
>>
>>23619721
reality is a prison for the green corpuscles. rest of your post is accurate. crystalman is like a gross festering scab on the face of the sublime. the passage of light across his differential is what causes him pleasure. we're a byproduct of his hunger, soggy shit flecks whirling aimlessly in the oblivion of his body
>>
>>23622734
It ain't typical gnosticism though. Panawe and Joiwind are the furthest away from Surtur
>>
>>23622802
every gnosticism is atypical. lindsay's gnosticism is anteversive. only way out is through. so krag is a martial aeon and the children of the garden (panawe and joiwind) are the furthest from surtur like you say. a neat twist on the demiurgic hominid, humanity's golden past is not demiurgic for its ignorance and barbarism but its innocence.
>>
>>23619377
>>23619355
I love this guy!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.