[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GQBsvCibAAAg8Fk.jpg (70 KB, 720x760)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Are there any books from the canon that you find boring?
Not badly written, not with shallow characters, not with a bad setting, but just boring, for any reason
I always get filtered by IJ. It doesn't even seem hard or that complex, but I just get myself to care enough
>>
>>23618100
First off, IJ isn’t canon. It’s too new.

Secondly, never mind, this is bait and fuck you.
>>
>>23618107
Answer the question and be polite
>>
File: The Road.jpg (327 KB, 931x1529)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>23618100
Critics only rate this highly because they haven't read other post-apocalyptic fiction and are therefore overly impressed by infanticide and cannibalism.
>>
Another book I found painfuly boring was notes from the underground, though I finished it, and the more time passes the more I dislike it
I did not like elementary particles either, but I don't remember why exactly (I liked Submission and Whatever a lot though)
>>
>>23618100
War and Peace. The worst part of any book written in the 19th century is the customary ballroom circlejerk chapters and War and Peace has it in spades.
>>
>>23618100
The Sorrows of Young Werther
Endgame
Anna Karenina
>>
>>23618100
War and Peace. Even the war chapters are putting me to sleep for whatever reason. Anna Karenina was so much more fun to read.
The Cetology chapter of Moby-Dick. I admire the rest of the whale biology chapters greatly, the Tale is one of my favourite chapters, but I get filtered by Cetology whenever I read it.
Middlemarch gets a bit boring at times, though I admire it for what it does.
The genealogy chapters of Genesis, 2nd half of Exodus, Leviticus (except Leviticus 26) etc.
>>
>>23618100
Wuthering heights
The demons (it was the last work I read of Dostoevsky's canon, and it felt very dissapointing and samey compared to his other works, if not for the political commentary id have forgotten it)
Murakami sucked ass
Pride and prejudice
>>23618224
Werther was too short to get me bored
>>
Dubliners was quite boring and turned me off Joyce.
>>
If it's boring, it is badly written.
Lolita could have been 100 pages shorter, can't muster interest in the Quilty plot
>>23619098
Wuthering Heights runs out of gas the moment Cathy 1 dies, and the remaining 150 pages are a complete waste of everybody's time. Jane Eyre also goes to shit after she leaves the house.
The three volume novel and its consequences were a disaster for literature.
>>
All Hemingway, Faulkner, and Steinbeck
>>
>>23618100
Large parts of The Count of Monte Cristo.
>>
>>23618100
IJ is for wypipo is why. You're a shitskin probably
>>
>>23619158
I like pynchon though
Is pynchon browncore?
>>
File: Iliad.jpg (1.71 MB, 1692x2505)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
Shipslop

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.