[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don't get how this works as an allegory for Mussolini
>>
>>23620082
Is there a le bad character in it, if so then that is Mussolini because Mussolini is le bad, because Fascism is le badism.
>>
>And if somebody wanted to find out from the author what he meant by writing Alamut, what his underlying feeling was as he went through the process of writing it, I’d tell him: "Friend! Brother! Let me ask you, is there anything that makes a person braver than friendship? Is there anything more touching than love? And is there anything more exalted than the truth?"
>>
It’s just Assassin’s Creed fanfic
It’s not that deep
>>
>>23620082
It's a very poor allegory for fascism, because Hassan ibn-Sabbah is based and egoistpilled, while Mussolini was le cringe amd fat
>>
>>23620786
It's Marco Polo fanfic
>>
>>23620885
But if Hassan is Mussolini, that means the Seljuks are liberal Europe?
>>
>1. feed initiates hashish so they'll believe anything
>2. knock them out so they wake up sober
???
>>
I like how the plot hinges on a secret Ismaili doctrine that doesn't exist
>>
>>23620786
zozzle
>>
>>23620082
I enjoyed this book a lot. I don't really "get" it though, and I either am too dumb to understand the allegory or it's just overhyped (both are plausible).
>>
>>23622523
Retard, the point is that all religious readers don't actually believe their bullshit.
>>
>>23620082
It's not an allegory for fascism
>>
>>23624224
Then why did he want to dedicate it to Mussolini?
>>
>>23620082
>NOOOO YOU CAN'T REBEL AGAINST TURK INVADERS
>>
>>23624501
>rebel
All he did was get a bunch of dudes together to get stoned and argue about books and arrange for leaders who shittalked Isma'ilism to get whacked.
>>
>>23624915
>seething turk/sunni spotted
He caused the disintegration of the seljuk empire
>>
>>23625743
Yeah, great job bro, definitely no Turk caliphates after that
>>
>>23626723
not his problem he did his part
>>
>>23627306
and Möngke Khan did his :)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.