[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 415.jpg (172 KB, 466x700)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>Love won't save us. We have to save love.
Uhhh okay?
>>
quite literally not in the book
>>
>>23620527
>>23620544
>Love won't save us. We have to save love
>quite literally not in the book
Then where did OP get it from? Was it just his interpretation of what the book is saying? The reason I'm asking is that it sounded kinda cool. The novel has been on my to-read list for a while, but that line piqued my interest.
>>
>>23620563
This actually sounds gay.
>>
>>23620563
idk but anons constantly attribute their own writings to big tomes like this to trick other anons into arguing about them.
>>
>>23620568
I'm an ESL
>>
>Major Marvy sucks NIGGERS!
Ummm yikes
>>
>>23620563
>They are in love. Fuck the war.
Is the actual quote
>>
>>23620527
Not really a valid criticism, imho. Product of its time somewhat. Boomers love corny shit like that and some of what he wrote is like that. He wrote some other lines, whole sections really, that were really good.
>>
>>23620600
Ooooooooooooooooof
>>
Is it officially over for American literature after he and delillo kick the bucket?
>>
File: 1713299898985131.jpg (24 KB, 288x499)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>Love won't save us. We have to save love
>>
>>23620707
Its so corny I love it
>if it were any other writer you would've hated it
True, still good
>>
>>23620563
>>
>>23620805
He already died, we just won't find out until 2030
>>
>>23620876
Like that episode of Ghost in the Shell where the investment banker has been dead for a while, but the program he made to automate his investments keeps running. Tommy Pynch with two more novels ghostwritten by personal AI incoming.
>>
>>23620887
No, I will self-publish my next novel under Pynchon's name, and no one will realize. So you have to keep my secret, I'm only telling this to you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.