[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What is the best short story you have ever read?
>>
>>23620939
The kreutzer sonata
>>
>>23620939
A Clean, Well-Lighted Place
>>
>>23620939
call of cthulhu
>>
>>23620939
A Sound of Thunder
Admittedly I haven’t read that many short stories
>>
>>23620939
Blood Meridian
>>
>>23620939
I really liked some of the old LetsNotMeet stories on Reddit. Don’t worry I didn’t make an account and before you call me a redditfag for looking towards different pastors let me remind you this place has really gone downhil.
>>
>>23621037
>looking towards different pastors
>pastors
>>
The Time Machine
Train Dreams
The Old Man and the Sea
>>
probably some chud leftist who wants the peasants to be armed to carry some revolution
>>
>>23620939
I'm pretty fond of The Last Question myself
>>
The Happiest I've Ever Been
Can't pick a William Trevor, he's too consistent
>>
The Tell-Tale Heart by Poe
The Lurking Fear by Lovecraft

Yeah, yeah, here come the shit pushers to remind me Lovecraft is pulp fiction and blah blah blah. Lovecraft took gothic fiction and perfected it with his grim, foreboding tone. His stories are perfect bite size morsels of horror and it's clear why he continues to be a huge influence on artists around the world. I cant recommend him enough to all the dry Hemingway wanabe writers.
>>
>>23620939
Rustico and Alibech is my favorite

It is a short bawdy story satirizing Christianity through the lens of a naive pagan youth and a horny monk.
>>
>>23620939
il Colombre by Dino Buzzati
(the stone in the end was [SPOILER]....you better read it, it's worth it.....[/spoiler])
>>
>>23620939
I like The Last Question the most. The Long Rain is also good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.