[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: main-image.jpg (393 KB, 928x1200)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
Psalm 51
>>
psalm 1
>>
>>23621176
The series of Psalms from Ps. 120-134 (Masoretic numbering), the songs of ascent, are wonderful, especially culminating in the Polyeleos of 135 and 136. As far as Individual psalms however? There's beauty in pretty much all of them.
>>
>>23621358
true. I just love 51 because of Allegri
>>
>>23621176
At the moment, Psalm 109(108). It's been tough.
>Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
>When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
>Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
>>
Psalm 103
>>
>>23621917
Here it is in Greek: https://youtu.be/mRwpGQ1fLDA?feature=shared&t=40
>>
I really like Psalm 8! KJV!
>>
I love Psalm 144 Exaltabo te Deus meus rex, the whole thing is just praising Christ and His kingship
>>
>>23621176
Psalm 19
>>
>>23621176
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, And I will be in the house of the Lord forever.
>>
>>23621176
De Profundis.
>>
>>23621381
51 is so good, hardly a better image of repentance can be found.
>>23621917
>>23621961
Both excellent choices, both touch on one of my favorite Psalmic themes: all things are in a great chain of being in the cosmos and all serve and glorify the Lord in their place and time. Psalm 104 (I use the Masoretic numbering for convenience, though I am personally used to the Septuagint numbering) serves as a really great counterpart to 103. Ultimately, I think this cosmological theme reaches its climax in the Praises of Psalms 148-150.

I'll share some other favorite Psalmic verses of mine:
>"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." - Psalm 20:7
>"I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top." - Psalm 102:7
>"Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice." - Psalm 141:2
>"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." - Psalm 133
>>

1. The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof: the world, and all they that dwell therein.

2 For he hath founded it upon the seas; and hath prepared it upon the rivers.

3 Who shall ascend into the mountain of the Lord: or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 The innocent in hands, and clean of heart, who hath not taken his soul in vain, nor sworn deceitfully to his neighbour.

5 He shall receive a blessing from the Lord, and mercy from God his Saviour.

6 This is the generation of them that seek him, of them that seek the face of the God of Jacob.

7 Lift up your gates, O ye princes, and be ye lifted up, O eternal gates: and the King of Glory shall enter in.

8 Who is this King of Glory? the Lord who is strong and mighty: the Lord mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your gates, O ye princes, and be ye lifted up, O eternal gates: and the King of Glory shall enter in.

10 Who is this King of Glory? the Lord of hosts, he is the King of Glory.

62 as well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.