[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images-13.jpg (33 KB, 281x450)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
My teeth hurt right now, I refuse to treat them out of spite. You probably will not understand that. Well, but I understand it. Of course I can't explain to you just whom I am annoying in this case by my spite. I am perfectly well aware that I cannot "get even" with the doctors by not consulting them. I know better than anyone that I thereby injure only myself and no one else. But still, if I don't treat them, it's out of spite. My teeth are bad, well then-- let them get even worse!
>>
Be like Myshkin instead. Beauty will save the world, anon-kun
>>
>>23621634
you need a full belly and physical work
>>
Read The Eternal Husband, probably the most how to be a Chad guide Dosto wrote, or The Double when the doppelgänger starts getting up to his hijinks. Dosto straight up just writes descriptive social advice in those books and they’re the ones most directly focused on universal social convention instead of inversion. He’s really always giving advice on how to be strong and mocking the weak, he’s not Gogol, and the worst part is he takes away all of the weak’s external moral justification. It’s especially hard to read if you don’t live in Russia because you can’t make sense of things or excuse certain behavior in the same way. He’s kind of evil. But he also gives advice on how to actually be weak in a justified way if you really want to commit to the Schillerism and taking everything to heart with Humiliated and Insulted, his most beautiful work. The Underground Man isn’t necessarily weak either he’s just described as being beneath everyone, he’s weak because he can’t get what he wants but he’s also far more aware of it than anyone else, he just can’t get out of it because he doesn’t have a ridiculous name or sinful familial pride that lets him actually forget himself and act

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.