[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dunemessiah.jpg (92 KB, 558x1000)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
This second book straight up sucked..
All the new characters aren't very interesting.
There isn't much world building.
The plot lumbers along.

Why is it so highly rated?
>>
You're an idiot. It's the best book of the series and is pretty much the missing last part of the first book. Paul's story isn't complete without it and it puts the first book in a whole other perspective.
>>
>>23622020
I guess so. I found it a natural progression. The aftermath of the supposed happily ever after(so to speak) of the first book that anyone with two neurons to smack together knew would degenerate one way or another. I like that it remains consistent within itself, the consequences of the pieces he placed in the first are well considered.
>>
>>23622020
Really? That's the only argument you can come up with? It completes Paul's story?
>>
>>23621984
It wasn't supposed to be the second book. It was the ending of the first book.
Dune was intended to recount the complete rise and fall of Muad'Dib.
>>
One day I noticed my life was broken
All I wannnnt To know
Is what is really real to me
Passion find the waayyyy
>>
>>23622020
Nah, its quite lackluster. It isnt completely shit..looking at brian herbert's bs. but it isnt that all interesting. Again the ending is completely rushed, and didnt really tie up most characters arcs. maybe paul's but still, expected much more. 6/10
>>
>>23621984
Its highly rated because it shows how a theocratic empire and religion gets corrupt. You didnt read the book did you subhuman trash?
>>
>>23622856
>gives skeleton of the entire plot
>its good guys i swear, its has a theme bro
> characterisation, plot, quality of writing wtf is that bro? the theme is good bro
idiot
>>
>>23622945
Just admit you didnt read the book you subhuman nigger.
>>
>>23621984
Only good book is the first one. I fell for the Messiah and Children bait as well.
>>
>>23622959
just admit you enjoy midwit slop you retard. If you mentioned God Emperor of Dune. then youd be right. instead you sucking the toes of a mid entry.
>>
>>23621984
It completes the first book. Without it the whole thing doesn't make any sense
>>
>>23621984
Second Book is ~part 4/4 of the first book. Topnotch climax and ending imo.
>>
>>23622975
God emperor is apparently good

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.