[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>still makes reactionary jews seethe to this day
how do you cope with the fact hes unironically the greatest rabbi to have ever written
>>
>>23622643
DESU, I find the total commitment to the via negativa to be a big step backwards from the analogical prediction of Plotinus or the Christian Neoplatonists.
>>
File: Torah_Scholar.png (790 KB, 732x470)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
Reading rabbinical commentary over the centuries is surreal, they seem so lucid and intellectual. It's like a very old, very long forum thread full of back and forth arguments.

They seem out of time, or timeless, like an insular community of intellectuals that has endured the rise and fall of nations. They carried literacy through the eons, long before my ancestors even received civilization.

The intellectual tradition is sincerely fascinating and impressive, especially in how long it has endured, to say nothing of the substance itself as an outside observer. Can't help but relate with these bookish men of faith.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.