[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1707170743319540.jpg (90 KB, 1024x1024)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
I'm going to read all the classic Greek authors contained in the Teubner/Oxford/Loeb editions. Already maybe one third through with this. Then I will read the entirety of the Patrologia Graeca by Migne. Then I will read all of the authors contained in the Corpus Scriptorum Historiae Byzantinae
I will have read all the Greek. Join me and enjoy the journey.
>>
>>23622705
Based
>>
File: 34953495934.png (433 KB, 751x416)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
Ancestors were too busy picking cotton to read all that, let alone attend school to learn how to read and write. Planters, like your Pepe, had all the time in the world to read at leisure, and to afford many nice leather bound books.

As does the modern landlord, his contemporary equivalent, who through the magic of usury, rests easy upon the toil of the working people. Plenty of time to read the classics, let alone Greek history.

No, with all the fruits of decadence at hand, including fine alcohol, temptation drove them more often into complete, debased degeneracy rather than profound intellectual journeys.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.