[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1720224952784652.png (16 KB, 536x521)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Stephen King has said he doesn't plan his novels, just writes them as he goes. Me personally, I get the general idea of the thought, idea, or emotion I want to convey and translate it into sentences I think are pleasing to read on a paragraph by paragraph basis. The general plot is in my head and so is the ending, but these things haven't been methodically mapped out. I've been writing for a few years now and this novel I'm 10000 words into represents the most effort I've put into any project. I just roll the general idea of the paragraph through my mind and structure the words around that. Good writing, in my humble opinion, is getting the small stuff right. And all there is is the small stuff. Anyway, what is your process and do you have any advice?
>>
Stephen King? The sci fi author? The guy who wrote all that chomo shit?

Do people not know? Do they not care? It is disgusting, repulsed by this pedo.
>>
>>23622826
That actually is my process more or less. I get ideas for scenes and string them together. But beyond the ends of what arcs I want characters to have i keep it pretty lose as I go. That way I can make changes to the story on the fly if something seems to fit better.
>>
Bump
>>
Two kinds of writers:
Ones like King who kind of write as they go and organically grind characters against one other
And those who plot their shit out and have every chapter mapped out as a mechanized system.

Of course this is also bullshit and all writers exist along a spectrum like this.

This might also be why most of King sucks because he literally doesn't know where he's going.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.