[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mcdowell.jpg (22 KB, 475x475)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Has anyone read this? Do you think maturity in Hegel is a simple list of appeals?
>>
>>23623072
So McDowell talks about the 'unboundedness of the concept' that you find in Hegel in chapter 3 of pic rel, you can predicate a measure of something (i.e /this/ live experience, /this/ color in this moment) in a way that makes it actual. I guess a better way to formulate my question is whether the unboundedness of the concept has to give rise to a certain caprice of mind, or if the unboundedness of the concept's novelty gets paired down as you proceed to greater degrees of absolute knowledge, or whether it is the opposite. Will you learn the most by knowing everything or knowing nothing?
>>
>>23623072
yeah, read a collection of hubert dreyfus stuff talking about it and have this to read next
https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Reason-Being-World-McDowell-Dreyfus/dp/0415485878/
but no clue what the fuck you are on about

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.