[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm getting filtered hard. What do I do?
>>
File: 1000027963.jpg (60 KB, 720x753)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>23624139
I read this book awhile back and although my memory is hazy I think I've still managed to retain some of the thoughts that came up when I did:

The advent of art, culture, and human expression helped society make sense of the world we live in by representing it through signs and images. The problem is that in a postmodern society, all of these tools that were supposed to help us understand our world has become in some ways become confused with the real it is supposed to represent or give meaning to. The problem here is not that these images or signs are fake, but that they have superceded what is real. Another problem too is that these signs, in their state of hyperreality have become to detatch itself from representation. All referents that point back to reality is lost, all that remains are a series of copies without an original.
>>
look up the youtube channel plastic pills, hell hook you up
the book isnt built on strict logical arguments, it wishes to highlight a new aspect of a paradigm that already existed, and that paradigm is called radical thought, which plastic pills deals with
you will get what hes getting at when you swallow some other redpills
for example idk in which vid, but he talks about "ethical image consumption". that one is essential to getting it for example. view all his vids and youll get what hes getting at
>>
>>23624266
You might as well have read a summary or watched a YouTube video if that is what you remembered

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.