[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5659.png (98 KB, 220x260)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
She is obsessed with Law of Attraction and MBTI. She reads stuff like “the secret” and “conversations with god” and eckhart tolle.

I tell her this new age stuff is just a new religion that is the opposite of true spirituality since it’s all about praying for material things and that she should be careful she is not praying to the devil.

What do I do? I read some of this new age stuff and it’s the most retarded bullshit I’ve ever read in my life. Funny thing is she’s legit smart, got a 99th percentile ACT score and graduated from Berkeley.
>>
>>23624338
when are retards like you going to stop measuring intelligence in terms of academic achievement?
>>
>>23624338
I'm reading "The Power of Now" by Tolle, and it doesn't seem too bad to me. I'm only 20 pages in and it's already been helpful to me.

I'm not sure what's in those other books. But it's basically just motivational stuff isn't it? The Law of Attraction is a somewhat useful mentality even if it's pseudoscience.

Women like new age/spiritual bullshit it's just how their brains work.
>>
>>23624338
Neville Goddard. He's the main manifestation/attraction guy and he was Christian.
>>
>>23624452
Yeah, give her some of Goddard's books to read. All other new age schizo ramblings like The Secret copy from him, often badly and without understanding what he meant.
>>
>>23624338
I used to date the highschool women's provincial math champ for our country's most populous province. She finished uni math courses without practice nor study after only watching the lectures once, scoring 98 on the exams. 99.9th percentile for IQ, supposedly. Insane, sputtering, emotionally fragile, non-binary, manipulative sociopath. I hadn't a notion of the law of attraction, nor astrology, until I dated her. It was all rather shocking, given that mathematical ability and general intelligence negatively correlate with neuroticism. Later in life, I dated for a series of years an incoherently borderline, hyperfeminine 99.5th percentile scorer. The short of it is that you've probably landed yourself an outlier, OP. Welcome to the club.
>>23624347
Unless she's black, the standardized test scores you need to get into some of these schools put a pretty high minimum on your intelligence, however you'd like to measure it (Spearman's g, IQ, etc.).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.