[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Best biography of Muhammad? Can be muslim or non-muslim.
>>
>>23624500
my diary desu (my names muhammad)
>>
Sacred Nectar is better.
>>
>>23624515
It pushes a sectarian narrative, even excluding certain sunni hadiths in order to do so
>>
>>23624500
I enjoy Martin Lings because he respects the saints, specially Augustine and St. Francis. He quotes the apostles as if they are true apostles. He also believes hell is purgatorial and eventually all will be saved. It's too bad he lost the true faith and went to Islam!
>>
>>23624588
He's burning in hell rn
>>
>>23624761
true
>>
>>23624761
>>23624765
Highly speculative!
May God have mercy on Martin Lings, through Christ Jesus the eternal Word.
>>
>>23624842
We can only hope
>>
>>23624500
The Martin Lings one is the best read
>>
>>23624588
I remember he gave a talk to a bunch of muslim students and he mentioned how everyone will eventually be taken out of hell and get saved, even christians and jews. And the muslims were like ''so whats the point of doing anything good''
He was like ''you must be really stupid and lacking in imagination if you dont think going to hell even if temporary isn't a big deal and worth avoiding''
>>
File: 20240628_042902.jpg (87 KB, 959x949)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>23624515
>Sacred Nectar
>>
>>23626104
I've always wondered if this world is in fact hell and we've already been reborn here from a past life. Maybe that's why this reality is so shit?
>>
>>23624532
So it's a Shi'a narrative?
>>
>>23627716
No, it's a sunni narrative. It excludes certain important historical events because they are unfavourable to the sunni narrative. The problem is that even all the traditional sunni books attest to those events. If the author excluded Shia narratives nobody could blame him, but hiding his own Sunni historical events is just weak. But keep in mind that this is a Saudi sponsored book.
>>
>>23627812
Ah now I see what you mean.
>But keep in mind that this is a Saudi sponsored book.
Very good to keep in mind. I don't know where I got it recommended to me, but it's the one biography I have the .pdf of. I'll be going with Lings instead, sounds like he's more honest.
>>
>>23627828
I won't go so far as to call him dishonest although I can't blame you for seeing it that way. His hiding of certain events roots from a fear of controversy inherent in Sunnism. There were controversial sectarian issues immediately after the Prophet's death and the official Sunni ruling is that it's prohibited to talk about the controversial issues because they involve Sunni holy figures. So when he chooses not to mention key events he (or the Saudi censor) is just trying to avoid controversy. Shias on the other hand talk about those issues 24/7 because they feel that they were the righteous victims in those controversies (they were if you ask my opinion)
>>
Thoughts?
>>
>>23626104
'Everyone going to heaven eventually' is equivalent to pre ordering a newest vidyaslop, you get some early access to that slop compared to 'regular customer' but you have to paid some extra goybucks as well.
But yeah, in muslim teaching, anyone who worshipped 'him' will eventually going to heaven. Its just the matter who's going there first and who's going to hell first to be purified from le sin before entering le heaven. Also the biggest hell inhabitant is neither kike nor faggot (like what people expected) but rather, women
>>
>>23627812
>but hiding his own Sunni historical events is just weak.
It's more than weak, it's basically an admission of defeat

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.