[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fog_pc_001.jpg (29 KB, 1000x563)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Are there any books on fog? I'm looking for books that focus on venturing into the unknown and characters feeling lost in alien environments.
>>
>>23624689
Unironically the Tartar Steppe by Buzzati. One of the themes is fog and the allure of the north.
>>
File: 1673242136923038-1.jpg (46 KB, 719x540)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>23624689
Best i can do is memes on fog
>>
Oh man are you going to enjoy The Night Wire. Highly recommend this reading of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SyT6Xga0Eo

Also recommend going in cold to Stephen King's The Mist.
>>
File: 41494_2.jpg (291 KB, 1562x2000)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
A settler woman moves to a lonely ranch.The environment and atmosphere plays a huge role
>>
File: 1721909047761.jpg (67 KB, 800x630)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
fog features prominantly in only the first chapter jack london's "the sea wolf". you may also enjoy this poem, "fog" carl sandburg.
>The fog comes
>on little cat feet.

>It sits looking
>over harbor and city
>on silent haunches
>and then moves on
>>
File: the lime twig john hawkes.png (3.1 MB, 1062x1600)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
It's not really "on" fog, but a large part of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest follows The Chief through real or imagined fogs; none of that made it into the film. Pic related has a phenomenal murder scene in a sauna; bit more of a stretch but it's a very good book, and that scene captures the panic of obscured vision really nicely.
>>
>>23624689
The Miner by Soseki. It also has a fog scene.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.