[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Maury_Levy.jpg (76 KB, 316x316)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Morality does not exist
>>
>>23624941
yes it does
>>
Jail cells don't exist.
>>
>>23624941
>morality doesn't not exist
>hey put that gun down it's wrong to shoo--!! ack!
>>
>>23624941
It makes me sad that morality doesn't exist. Can this train of thought lead me to conclude that therefore it should and must exist?
>>
>>23625013
Morality exists because God exists and we have an imprint of his moral order in our souls, albeit darkened by the Fall, it can be illuminated the more we seek God and his Word.
>>
>>23624941
The only bigger cope than this is atheism.
>>
>>23624954
This
>>
It exists it's just subjective.
Would you say personal preference does not exist?
>>
>>23625034
>Morality exists because God exists
stopped reading there
>>
>>23625034
Its always interesting coming across Catholics/Christians who dont even really understand what they are saying and just vomit what they read verbatim
>>
>>23625013
>It makes me sad
>>23625034
>we have an imprint of his moral order in our souls
This. They ack-nowledge it themselves but are too brainwashed by the current world order to see things.
>>
>>23625287
Don't understand what exactly?

"For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."

Romans 2:14-16
>>
>nooo there is no morality
>but certain things always make me feel certain ways even if I try to deny it
>very weird coincidence!!!
>>
>>23624941
Morality doesnt exist but people pretend it does

Ethics however does exist, which is much better for us
>>
>>23625442
>Morality doesnt exist
Prove it.
>Ethics however does exist
Prove it.
>>
>>23625444
Read Spinoza
>>
>>23625450
No, I will not. If you can't prove in on 4chan you are not a real channer but a shill for your philosophy.
>>
>>23625412
imagine being this much of a brainlet
>>
>>23625469
[404 argument not found]
Concession accepted.
>>
>>23625034
Based and true
>>
Has there ever been any actual development in moral relativism sibce Protagoras? All we get is snivelling marxists who insist that they are somehow beyond morality alltogether while being either nihilists or relativists without ever talking about it.
>>
>>23625517
>moral relativism
>development
What is there to develop? It's all relative.
>>
>>23624954
That doesn't prove moral good (which I assume the OP is talking about) unless you're talking about ethics.
>>
>>23624941
>Morality does not exist
Thats a sequence of words that carry no weight unless you expound on them.
>>
>>23624941
Wow what an anti semitic trope I how whoever came up with this is flayed alive

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.