[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613223915209.jpg (824 KB, 900x667)
824 KB
824 KB JPG
What are you reading right now, anon? What do you think of it? You ARE reading something, right?
Personally I've been reading Augustine of Hippo by Peter Brown. I've been learning a lot, both about the man's life and his ideas. It's fascinating to see the influence Augustine had on western Christianity.
>>
File: 1000012037.jpg (3.46 MB, 4624x3468)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB JPG
>>23626546
I'm reading the complete works of Jorge L. Borges, I have to say, some of his essays are somewhat dense but interesting, loving his poetry, the most interesting part is that being from Buenos Aires myself I can appreciate some of the poems more personally. And is short stories are simply amazing
>>
Ovid's Metamorphoses.
>>
File: IMG_3556.jpg (11 KB, 183x275)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Pretty funny so far
>>
>>23626546
>What are you reading right now, anon? What do you think of it?

No. Nothing seems interesting now.
>>
I'm reading the Odyssey. I like it. I was surprised that the order of events is different from how I had always known the story. I'm curious to see the famous events I know come up since currently he should in the timeline be past them but they haven't been mentioned yet. I'm guessing a flashback.
>>
>>23626546
That’s weird you mention Peter Brown. I’m listening to a great courses audio series on the development of Christianity and the professor is constantly referencing Peter Brown and I’ve been thinking of getting one of his books

But anyway currently I’m reading Public Burning by Robert Coover

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.