[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: b..jpg (315 KB, 720x1336)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
been taking in a some contemporary indie writing these past few days. this shit is booty ass. i see now why honor levy is an exalted talent in the space, she shows a glimmer of promise. the rest are irredeemably amateur, put them in the bin. pic related just got a book of shorts published and i don't know if the guy is down syndrome and they're taking pity on him or what the story is but they glaze this motherfucker like he's the next coming of hemingway. this stuff would not make the cut for &amp. in times when masters are few it is easy to excel, if you dream of breaking into the literary world and giving interviews where you drop acerbic nabokov esque soundbites about your contemporaries you were born in just the right time. also i thought derick dupré was not bad, not a writer of any great magnitude but not bad
>>
>>23627141
Name of the author? My limited impression of this very short auto-fiction/day-to-day type stuff is that each story in itself is sort of meaningless, but that taking altogether you can start to resolve a theme or meaning to it (this seems obvious of course, and you can apply it to most writing, but I mean that it hits you sort of suddenly or takes you in sort of secretly before you realize it). I think they also tend to be really dependent on <<getting it>>, so to speak; unless you're already in on the idea they're trying to make or share some experience in common, it's opaque. I think the last bit is a mark of bad art, or maybe naive art.
>>
>>23627141
>this shit is booty ass
Kill yourself, niggerloving zoomer
>>
Neck yourself you nigger shill, fucking put a gun in your mouth faggot.
>>
>Salem, MA
Who wrote this? I might know the author. Also, working at those small stores we do chit chat but we used to talk about shit like the Diffrent Strokes pedophile and autistic discussions
>>
>>23627141
WTF is this? Acorns on metal roof is ripoff from Antichrist by Von Trier
>>
>>23627434
>>23627703
the author is nathan dragon, the cover and title of his book "the champ is here" piqued me because i thought it was about boxing. just a collection of shorts. i read the eponymous story, it was marginally better than what's in the OP (those are a couple years old) but still not anything more than you would expect from a bright but not precocious high school student
>>
>>23627929
based boxing and writing fan.
>>
>>23627929
I might look into him because this is very specific writing that only a resident of Massachusetts might understand
>>
>>23628289
>this is very specific writing that only a resident of Massachusetts might understand

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
>>23627141
This is massively better than anything you racist homophobic faggots will ever be capable of writing. Everything you put out is straight up dogshit and you should go back to begging for reacharounds on your Stormfront forums.
>>
>>23628294
i like how you posted this implying you just got here yet are familiar enough to comment on this place's stories
4/10 bait, guessing youre a 115 hicklib for a penchant for batin'

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.