[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

what do you guys think about the mistborn trilogy by brandon sanderson?
>>
>>23627339
liked the first one
the second one bored me so I abandoned it
>>
>>23627339
I didn't read it and I don't like it
>>
>>23627556
Most informed /lit/ post
>>
>>23627339
I was already tired of magical awesome super powerful wonder girl as a trope before this even came out.
>>
YA tier prose, sanderson's success tolls the bell for the fall of fantasy
>>
>>23627339
I've seen a pic of sanderson and his fans in /tv/, really summed up what kind of people who liked his slop
>>
feet
>>
>>23627339
it´s pretty good, I liked the magic system.
>>
I liked the first novel of the trilogy. It's a very good battle shonen where the main antagonist is half a legit intimidating foe, half a mystery box where they try to figure out HOW can we even defeat him?
I also found the resolution very satisfying: the key to defeating him was provided by the "most worthless" metal, that which lets you see alternate timelines.
The other two novels were decent, but not essential reading. They essentially make the male MC the overall MC, his business being ruling a decaying empire. Pretty interesting angle. That assassin villain character also provides some good fights.
>>
>>23628675
Do you write like a dumbass to piss people off? Or is this something natural?
>>
>>23627339
Cool worlds.
Mediocre magic.
Good action.
Bad pacing.
Abhorrently YA character writing.

That's it. If he had a stricter editor and wasn't such a coddled redditor that pretended like he knew what tortured souls talked like in their heads he would be better. He needs to lean in on his world building and action skills and just make a witcher like anthology series where a mute badass does cool shit in different unique locations.
>>
>>23628684
What "like a dumbass"? What does that even mean? Do you have an actual point?
>>
Saw a fit girl reading it on the tube yesterday

Got me thinking about how women seem to love this YA fantasy shit (an assumption based on the title and cover art). Then she got off the tube. Had never heard of it previously.

Thanks
>>
>>23627339
Anime tier
>>
>>23627339
I read the first one and it was alright but didn't bother continuing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.