[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What are some creative awe inspiring profound science fiction books you’ve read.
>>
>>23627604
Look at that beautiful boy
>>
>>23627604
what no pussy does to a mf
>>
>>23627604
you usually have to immerse yourself into science fiction, submit to the whims of the author, and then read several sequels until you come upon awe
the same time you could use to read a few tomes of haiku (or the works of Ezra Pound) and accumulate enough awe to open an awe bank account
>>
>>23627604
Solaris
Blood Music
City
Nostrilia
Diaspora
Whipping Star
>>
>>23627955
nice list.

I'll throw on:

Way Station, Flowers for Algernon, A Scanner Darkly, Childhood's End, and The Gods Themselves. I was contemplating something like maybe putting in Stand on Zanzibar or I am Legend, but they miss the cusp for me but barely.

Lord of Light and This Immortal, but only if you're into that.
>>
>>23627604
Look at that cat!!!
>>
>>23628107
How could I forget Childhood's End!
I loved the premise of This Immortal but it was a pretty shit read and felt like wasted potential
Also, I think Star Maker by Stapledon is a good one as well
>>
>>23627955
The ConSentiency novels absolutely deserve more love, but The Jesus Incident is my favorite Herbert novel. It’s inspired a lot of stuff too.
>>
>>23627604
The one where the protagonist learn to use question marks!
>>
>>23628107
Foundation (the first book of the series) is also good if you are like in middle school or something
in high school you will probably be too cynical to appreciate it lol
>>
>>23627604
wtf how is he doing that?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.