[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>now is not the time for art
Is he right?
>>
>>23629149
Yes. Because poetry after Auschwitz is barbaric
>>
>>23629149
Yes. We are creatively spent. Our foremost art forms rehash, retell and reshoot what came before in increasingly lesser Forms.
>>
File: 1705910070243665.jpg (201 KB, 1114x1495)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>23629149
>The wisest-constituted States fall through, ay, the sublimest Religions outlive themselves and yield to superstition or unbelief, whilst Art eternally shoots up, renewed and young, from out the ruins of existence.
>>
Now is the time for being a fat greasy kike.
>>
>>23629149
Someone should break his melon to relieve us of all the time he’s wasting.
>>
>>23629159
>We wasted most of it on imitation of life
It'll be some centuries more.
>>
>>23629156
Trolling is an art.

>>23629149
Creatives gotta create.
Can't stop me.
>>
>>23629170
Based and artpilled. No matter what period of history do you like, there's always art that trascended time and space. You can't tell the same about midwit traps like politics and techniques.
>>
Yes because Northron civilization is soulless. Try pairing the frozen insensitivity of a Chonk with the trickery of a Jew. That's your average Northern European.
>>
>>23629149
no heidegger/mcluhan/nietzsche were right, terrence malick is that being carried out
https://youtu.be/BY_HilE1UcE
our current issue is one of perspective/perception and framing, our relationship with reality being restricted through technological alienation. Art is the only thing that has the ability to make that present to us so we are able to engage rationally with reality again.

philosophy/history/academia is what it is not the time for
Our issue isn't how we rationally systemize or engage with things, as I said it's one of perception and awareness.

The creation and refinement of aesthetics that reveal reality in the way that best serves our natures and allows us to engage with reality rationally is the highest calling now.
>>
I’m a disciple of Spengler, but I think he was wrong. I think art has an important place in the late stages of civilization. After all, it was the late days of Rome that gave Dante his Virgil and not the early springtime of Ancient Greece. And Virgil himself was a powerful, popular, and influential force in Roman society. You’d think Spengler could appreciate that or at least appreciate the practical usefulness of art for a conservative regime if nothing else.
>>
>>23629159
One of the beautiful things about art is that it actually doesn’t even need to be creative. This impulse for art that is by nature novel is a uniquely Western phenomenon. If art truly speaks to something bigger than the individual, and Spengler agrees that it does, then creativity is not even essential. It merely has to capture a glimpse of the thing for which it is a simulacra.
>>
Spengler was too miserable to appreciate art.
>>
I feel like dropping my 'smartphone' into the mud.
>>
>>23629786
Are you not miserable?
>>
File: 1715709565647142.jpg (226 KB, 1280x720)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
the faggots who cling to art are unable to stand the ugliness of the world and the world is fucking ugly
>>
>>23629149
Le bump
>>
>>23630007
Much less than he was.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.