[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the literary equivalent?
>>
>>23629555
>based off The Roadside Picnic
Hmmmm. I wonder
>>
>>23629558
You haven't seen the film or read that book, please exit my thread
>>
>>23629558
It’s so loosely based on that that it may as well be something else. Roadside picnic is a genre shit sci fi book he used as a ground idea to do his own thing.
>>
is his daughter half-monkey in the film?
>>
>>23629566
No
>>
>>23629555
The Bible.
>>
>>23629689
Perhaps expand on this, kind anonymous?
>>
Stylistically, Ice by Anna Kavan
Thematically, Siddhartha
>>
>>23630056
Lol no, not at all
>>
>>23630220
Reason?
>>
>>23629555
The book of the new sun
>>
>>23630339
You tell me why you think they are similar. Onus is on you, anus.
>>
>>23630419
Ice - dystopian and ephemeral. Characters are nameless and archetypal. Flowing passages that remind me of long slow dolly shots. Unreliable and surreal narration similar to the poetic incursions of Stalker that obfuscate the logic of their journey.
Siddhartha - Spiritual journey in search of the Ultimate Answer, intimate encounters with nature, protagonist encountering many varieties of meaning-seeking practices (“a meaning and a reason” in reference to Scientist and Writer) and holy guides with their varying advice (Stalker), ends in a state of relative aporia. I’d say stalker can be read as more cynical than Siddhartha, but the style betrays this reading often.
>>
>>23629555
Kafka comes to mind, Before the Law.
>>
>>23629555
Maybe the book the movie was based on...?
Other then that the Metro series by Dmitry Glukhovsky is heavily influenced by Roadside Picnic and the STALKER movie.

Trying to figure out how to spell his name correctly I just found out he's been arrested in Russia for speaking out against the government.

Man Fuck Putin and thank god I was born in America.
>>
>>23629555
>>23630354
Seconding this.
>>
>>23629555
>What's the literary equivalent?
First Circle or Cancer Ward.
>>
>>23629563
>genre shit sci fi
so same as the movie then?
>>
>>23629558
>based off The Roadside Picnic

How did this little novella from a backwater basket weaving village become so influential? I didn't realize until decades later that the gold ball in sphere was the wish granter from roadside picnic. And the concept of the zone being some unexplainable shape shifting place that gives people powers was used as the backstory to some japanese anime.
>>
>>23629555
The Tartar Steppe
>>
>>23629559
Not the guy you replied to but I've done both and you are the retard in this. You could've asked more books like this than roadside picnic however and avoided this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.