[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1268.jpg (85 KB, 500x571)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Has anyone read Gentile's Philosophy of Mind as Pure Act and/or Klages' Of Cosmogonic Eros? Are these worth reading for a fan of German Idealism and Romanticism?
>>
>>23629634
I look like this and order this
>>
>>23629634
Gentile is interesting to read as a Post-Hegelian.
>>
>>23629634
Also what publishing is best for each work?
>>23629644
He's just like me fr fr
>>
>>23629729
Thankee. Praytell more. Is he like Bradley? I saw him referenced in Yeats' Vision poem/prose/philosophy.
>>
Also, to plz the antifa: why is Croce's Aesthetics book so overpriced for an Anglo translation??? Speaking italio philosophia
>>
>>23629735
I'm not very familiar with Bradley but Gentile's entire corpus is a critique of the idea of transcendence. He trys to ground all experience as a pure immanent act of active thinking mind. A good introduction to his work is an essay of his titled "Basic Concepts of Actualism". It's a plain stated outline of what he thinks
>>
>>23629758
What is best printing of Phil of Mind? I see two amazon. Both look like cheap printings alas. Don't want scans or typos yano
>>
>>23629634
Gentile’s fascism is interesting for someone interested in idealism (I’m not anymore, but I was).
https://youtu.be/XHVClQSQfG0?si=FFAS5lXXPchMZs3-
https://youtu.be/X3b_U2Tlzv0?si=udcu5a7SM5cqNoCv
^the guy calls himself an anarchist communist, but he is obviously a fascist and student of Gentile
Klages has basically nothing at all to do with idealism.
>>
>>23629764
The best your going to find is a reprint. It was published in 1922 and is a fascist primary source. I might got my copy from Kessinger Publishing
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Gentile.without a solid grasp of Hegelian Idealism most of the philosophy will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Gentile's actual idealism, which is deftly woven into his writings and is a continuation of Hegel's philosophy. The idealists that understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these writings, to realise that they're not just insightful- they say something deep about BEING. As a consequence people who dislike Giovanni Gentile truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, Gentile's critique of historical materialism.
I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Giovanni Gentile's genius unfolds itself on their e-reader/laptop screens. What fools. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Fascio tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably closer) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.