[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721371501096.jpg (137 KB, 2069x1163)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
sorry if this is more suited for /g/, I'm dumb.
I want to start reading but
>books are (cumulatively) expensive
>reading on the phone/pc kinda sucks
what is some good ebook reader I can buy up to 200 bucks? it needs to be able to import pdf/epub files
>>
>>23664799
>what is some good ebook reader I can buy up to 200 bucks? it needs to be able to import pdf/epub files
The new Kobo Clara BW that came out just 3 months ago.
>>
File: hotmom.png (529 KB, 764x558)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
Always with these threads
>>
File: 1722860334031.jpg (1.35 MB, 4000x1800)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>bought e-reader off e-bay
>same model as the one i'm replacing
>power button has been removed and reinstalled backwards
why
>>
used paperwhite + calibre
>>
File: 1000013608.jpg (284 KB, 924x693)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>23664799
I bought a Samsung tablet and installed an E-reader, use calibre to organise my books, can't get better than this
>>
>>23665213
>not e-ink
get out
>>
>>23664799
Just get a Kindle. It's what 99% of people really need - a basic as fuck e-reader.
>>
>>23665217
is the best, e-ink is shit for images, I usually read architecture books, and pictures in e-ink make me want to kms
>>
>>23664799
Don't listen to>>23665222
You can't import shit with the Kindle, use a Kobo or another E-ink reader that can import external files.
>>
>>23665403
calibre is FOSS and can convert any file type easily
>>
>>23665421
Still, better have an e-reader that can read everything than one that needs to convert everything.
Also, fuck Amazon.
>>
>>23665108
I was about to ask since I did buy a tablet but honestly the screen quality on small tabets is shit unless I want to shill out money so might as well double down on an ereader
>>
File: e-ink vs lcd.png (1.84 MB, 590x2443)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
Obligatory
>>
File: 1704413733705409.png (1.84 MB, 590x2443)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>23665213
>can't get any better than this!
>>
>>23665101
can these things run Mihon or do I need to download everything and jam it in?
>>
>>23665484
I'm afraid "JAM IT IN!!!" it is....
>>
>>23665427
>Still, better have an e-reader that can read everything than one that needs to convert everything.
You can literally set up calibre to auto convert files as you add them to your library. You're right, but formats are a non-issue for majority of people.
>>
>>23665403
I have KOReader on jailbroken kindle
>>
>>23665471
are you retarded? I'm saying the type of book I read has important images, and who reads so close to the screen that you can notice the pixels?
>>
>>23665108
we need MORE NIETZSCHE THREADS
we need LESS PEOPLE READING
we need SEETHING ABOUT WHAT COUNTS AS READING
we need DRONES THAT UNANIMOUSLY HATE EVERYTHING
we need NO ENJOYMENT IN READING
reading should be MISERABLE, LIKE ME, BECAUSE DADDY DIDN'T ARRANGE FOR ME A BRIDE

is there anything of value you can contribute or do you just sit around here all day larping some aristocratic upper crust syphilis ridden "intellectual" from the 18th century that's so allergic to pussy he sailed across the sea and got himself a plantation just to avoid the possibility of sniffing out the slightest sign that a crumb of pussy might have been on the same continent as them. Woe be to them when they realize there's all sort of brown pussy there and they then have to do a capitalist slavery to cope with it, importing BBC to dry their tears with. All of which we only know about because they kept records of their gab seshes with their pen pal girlies back in jolly ol' engerland where they first joined the little queer cafe pseud group that's just a front for getting together with the dandies and sniffing each others farts, seeing how pungent they can get it and crowning the stinkiest little sharty queen of the year "The Abyss". The term body of work naturally originating in what a life of flatulation centric existence did to their physical forms. You're a chunky little monkey, aren't you? I'd tell you to go fuck yourself if I didn't know that was precisely your fetish.
>>
Just got a Kobo libra colour. I can see myself using this thing a lot. It handles pdfs surprisingly well.
>>
>>23665714
Take it to >>>/vg/
>>
>>23665761
As an alternative, if you want a more open system, you could look at the boox go colour 7. Pretty much the same device, but slightly different design, better specs (on paper) and runs android. I think it is around 250$ which may be more expensive than the kobo.
>>
>>23664799
Meebook m7.
Runs android, physical buttons, otg support so you can do things like plug in physical keyboards.
You can get it off aliexpress for about 150 and it comes with the case a lot of the time.
>>
>>23666548
thanks
>>
File: 1722927274033.jpg (121 KB, 1200x675)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
has anyone used any of the e-readers also designed for drawing?
>>
>>23667690
I have the Onyx Note Air 3
Perfect for my needs. Runs android. Can read large PDFs comfortably enough, in addition to the expected format support (e.g. epub, mobi etc.).
I also use it as a notebook for university. Only qualm is I got this one as opposed to the color one because the color one has a far inferior battery life (not even because of the color, but rather some refresh technology).
>>
File: upload.jpg (195 KB, 600x449)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
I bought a Pocketbook Era because I like physical buttons, and I saw that a lot of the e-readers I see situate the buttons at the bottom which I figured would feel uncomfortable compared to holding at the side which is what I do with books.

I like it a lot, large files like heavy PDFs can run slowly or have issues with aligning pages to the size of the screen, but after putting Koreader on it and fucking with the settings it's great.
>>
>>23664799
I use your pic related and calibre for feeding it books.
Personally I'd like the screen to be bigger but it's fine. Had it for years and no issues.
>>
I feel so dumb. Finally got koreader on my kobo, when I imported all my books from calibre they’re all in author name files on the device in a file tree. Any recs on how to organize it better than 5 pages of random names? I don’t know what setting I would change.
>>
>>23667704
do you draw in it?
>>
phone
grow up
>>
>>23667793
I personally don't. I simply use it for reading and notes.
>>
I have the Kindle with basic eink and no/normal lighting. Is buying the version with a good blue light?

>>23665108
Thanks for bumping it, numbnuts
>>
>>23664799
I got a kindle with a backlight for like $15 on woot for whoever is on a budget.
>>
>>23664799
I read on my computer (I’ve calibrated color/brightness/font for no eye strain) for free and buy a physical copy if I really like the book
>>
>>23667981
What application? Calibre kinda sucks for reading imo.
>>
>>23667985
Calibre e-book viewer and I use epubs preferably

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.