[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rsz_lotfcover.png (207 KB, 299x469)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
what is the Lord of the Flies for adults? something that grapples with the subject matter more seriously.
>>
>>23809422
this happened in real life but the white kids just cooperated and did pretty well for themselves.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shipwreck-deserted-island-south-pacific-survivors-60-minutes-2021-07-18/

(((Golding))).was not happy about it
>>
>>23809444
You mean non-white?
>>
>>23809444
Boys were not white but it's true that Golding was a retard.
>>
>>23809444
it was six dudes who were good friends with each other and they were 17. that's hardly the same situation.
>>
>>23809422
i jerked off to this book so many times. the sexual abuse of the fat boy scenes were so kino hnnggg
>>
>for adults
There is no better microcosm for society and morality than an isolated group of shotas. Golding understood this.
>>
>>23811031
goldstein apparently didn't understand the fact that kids are fucking retarded despite being a teacher in an elementary school and that using them as a tool to critique human nature is a dumb idea.
>>
>>23811138
Most adults are retarded though
>>
>>23809422
The Tempest
Leviathan
>>
>>23811138
isn't it ironically cyclic that the book is typically required reading that is used to teach teenagers about human nature
>>
Blood Meridian
>>
>>23809422
After The Dark / aka The Philosphers (movie)
We Are Marshall (movie)
The Beach (movie)
Robinson Crueso (book)
Blue Lagoon (novel)
>>
>>23809422
Heart of Darkness
>>
>>23809444
Bongs did a social experiment simulating the conditions of the island in probably the closest way you can get without being unethical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCePbRdQmbE

It's interesting how in the end, two cliques form just like in the book, the rule setters and the rule breakers.
>>
>>23809422
High Rise
>>
>>23809777
If you say so, moshi.
>>
>>23809603
I mean, if they were afrikanas they would have resorted to cannibalism almost immediately. Islanders are pretty chill.
>>
>>23811138
Kids aren't retarded, theyre unconditioned, which makes them perfect, you smooth brained poofter
>>
>>23812394
The intellect of the anti-semite
>>
>>23812524
ok moshi
>>
When I had a girl over at my apartment she pointed at this book in my shelf and asked me what I thought about it. I told her it was in my top 5 most overrated pieces of shit books and she gave me a lewd look and said she didn't like it either. Nothing sexual happened after that.
>>
>>23813189
What's a lewd look?
>>
>>23809726
There was a documentary made by channel 4 in the UK in the early 2000s called Boys Alone. A group of boys around ten, the same as LotF, alone in a house for a weekend with a camera crew told to ignore the children’s behaviour and not get involved. They trashed the house right away and then realised they had to live in filth. Then they decided to vote for a leader to decide on who needs to clean up…then it gets real Lord of the Flies. The book is an especially English look at pre teen social politics which is why four islander boys are not equivalent. There were no issues of class within the group they were brothers. https://youtu.be/bCePbRdQmbE?si=6cOcFfTev67QHA7i
>>
File: 1446770978306.jpg (13 KB, 250x250)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>23814222
Like this.
>>
>>23815563
That's a jewed look
>>
>>23814244
Man that tv show is a core memory of mine.
>>
>>23809422
>Something that grapples with The Lord of the Flies's subject matter more seriously
https://youtube.com/watch?v=81Hm4g-Dq54
This video on Cormac McCarthy's The Road.
Other link: https://odysee.com/@keithwoods:e/the-road-are-we-naturally-evil:5
>>
>>23809422
That book enrages libtards living in Rousseauian fantasyland.
>>
>>23814244
One of the things I found neat about this is that they survived five days without tv or phone screens. A second thing that amazed me: they trashed the house, decided to try and clean it up, then on the last day decided to trash it some more since they were leaving. Compared to the book, I wonder if the damage to the house would have been so bad if sweet snack foods, supersoakers and stuff to paint the walls, and all varieties of toys weren't so available for legal reasons. My niece has a habit of bringing out every toy in her room if she isn't watched and I imagine the boys burned through everything because it was available to do so.
The documentary would be a lot worse if repeated today since now kids are taught they should act wild while on camera.
>>
>>23809422
High-school core.
>>
File: oscar-wilde.jpg (7 KB, 174x289)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>23809422
I'm going to buy this book if you tell me if there is any shota sex.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.