[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What do you guys think about this?
>>
File: sloterdijk.jpg (6 KB, 183x275)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Looks very interesting. Did you read it OP?
>>
>>23814215
Sloterdijk seems like such a useless pseud. I can't believe people take him seriously as a philosopher just because there's so few alive anymore, when you have the entire Western philosophical tradition.
>>
>>23814233
name your top 5 texts worth reading form the canon with same zeal as title
>>
>>23814215
>peter slaughter-her-dick
>>
>>23814215
Really good. Best self help book I've read. Interesting points about psychological cripples and Marxism. Read it if you're on the fence about it.
>>
I absolutely hate philosophy.
>>
>>23814215
Psychologically it has no merit. The imperative of autoplastic self-creation is a myth. Our essence lies in the relationships to other humans, not in some egomanic ethical goal one forever struggles to achieve. Meaning in life can be found by just opening your eyes.

Also google his wife.
>>
>>23816426
Good take
>>
>>23816426
>Also google his wife
what's the problem? they look looksmatched
>>
>name is slaughter-dyke
>is right-wing
who could have seen this coming?
>>
>>23814230
You just KNOW this guy eats A LOT of onion, sauerkraut, and such. Imagine the smell!
>>
>>23814215
Good but you’re better off just reading the Rilke poem instead
>>
>>23816426
>>23816549
This. Sloterdijk has the air of conservatism, but has no idea what to conserve and what for. In the end he's a libtart like the rest of us, sadly.
>>
Great book on Nietzsche and his best work after the spheres trilogy.
I guess most of the brainlets who rip on him have either not read anything by him besides a glance at his wiki entry.
>>
>>23815745
Good, philosophy hates you too
>>
>>23814215
I own it, haven’t read it yet though
>>
Burroughs is more concise on the issue of habit and subjectivity

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.