[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Literally me
I want to read so many cool books, my backlog is endless
But I can't fucking bring myself to do it
>>
>>23814331
It's because you're addicted to the dopamine hit that you get from arguing with anons on 4cuck and doomscrolling. Throw your PC out the window RIGHT FUCKING NOW and you're going to be fine.
>>
>>23814331
Find something you can reasonably start with. Retards who treat literature as a badge or something (who don't read themselves either) keep pestering people into ''grinding'' literature, but realistically if you're a newer reader just find something easier that works for you and then progressively get into harder literature. Don't start with ''cool'' as you put it, start with easy.
>>
>>23814331
kek same, my phone is nearly filled with pdfs and epubs, I've only read a few of the articles, skimmed a few books, and haven't even started reading any of the others.
>>
>>23814366
You have to get used to the act of reading, especially if you're part of the newer generations. So start with Murakami or Harry Potter, or even some exciting LNs.
>>
Literally me
>>
>>23814379
Literally me
>>
>>23814379
lmao
>>
>>23814331
listen to audio books instead

you see, I read books by just lying in bed with wireless headphones in
I prefer someone reading the book to me
reading myself seems to be too much effort, unless there are pictures like in my VNs

>>23814379
>>23814405
>>23814414
you don't have to hurt yourself anons
don't think you do
>>
>>23814345
>>23814366
Listen to these two to some degree. You need to make yourself content with being bored. Once you realize you can be bored then reading can become fun. When you start a book who's experience matches what it sounds like you will realize how great reading can be and all of your doom scrolling will seem for not.
Good luck, anon. May you enjoy this fountain of entertainment.
>>
>>23814366
>>23814375
You're treating books like it's a fucking MMO or gym progression guide. It's so easy to spot the posers who only discovered literature because some ligma male grifter from youtube told them to read books daily to self improve. Nobody who enjoys reading approaches books as if they were training for running a 10 minute mile.
>>
>>23817112
right like if you cant enjoy whats the point, youre always going to force it
>>
File: 1726575746037.jpg (266 KB, 1597x1723)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>entertainment is when you are drooling and tight-headed from extreme boredom
um id really like to read and learn but if its always gonna be this boring id rather goon instead..
>>
>>23814331
You don't want to read the books. You want to HAVE READ the books. The problem is, to have read them, you have to read them, which takes hours. Find something you like READING, not the idea of having read.
>>
>>23814331
Go for a long walk every day.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.