[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Poetry is for women and homos
>Short stories are for ADHD zoomers
>Plays are for queers
>Biographies and autobiographies are for normies
Why is the novel the only good form of literature?
Why is the novel
>>
>>23814820
I was going to start my own thread but since this is here I'll post it here.

Does anyone know any good critical studies of the Novel itself? What about non-fiction by novelists about being a novelist?
>>
>>23815116
Georg Lukacs - The Theory of the Novel
Mikhail Bakhtin - The Dialogic Imagination
Erich Auerbach - Mimesis
Lucien Goldmann - Towards a Sociology of the Novel
>>
Novels were invented for women and midwits though
>>
>>23814820
literature is for women tho, we are just meant to work and kill each other in war. why do you think philosophy doesnt have an end point, its always been and always will be mental gymnastics bc were bored and dont have anything important to do. if you read you might as well be honest with yourself, that's female behavior
>>
>>23814820
so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens
>>
Novels were considered a form only suitable for women and children until the late 19th century
>>
>>23815175
>>23815202
>>23815245
Dumb received opinions informed by the 18th century. In the renaissance and before the novel was not viewed this way. You are talking about "the sentimental novel".
>>
>>23815264
No. Read Don Quixote. Novel was already considered trash back then.
>>
Bump
>>
>Metaphysical poems are for homos
>>>/p/lebbit
>>
File: 1725434153182574.jpg (279 KB, 680x935)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>23814820
>novel
>good form of literature
>>
>>23814820
Cute cat
>>
>>23815273
Literal meme started by guys like Napoleon that were embarrassed they liked Werther so much.
>>
>>23814820
You don't read. Stop pretending.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.