[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed.png (231 KB, 512x286)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
How do I go about developing a well-rounded personal philosophy? What are some questions I should ask myself?
>>
>>23816221
The first question you need to ask yourself:
>Should I take seriously the advice of an exercise in collaborative cognitohazards?
>>
>>23816221
Step 1) Don't read philosopy
Step 2) Ignore people that talk about reading philosophy
Step 3) Go outside and talk to people
Step 4) Repeat step 3
>>
File: 20240916_063335.jpg (1.99 MB, 3821x2266)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>23816236
>Go outside and talk to people
That ship has sailed.
>>
never ever read any philosophy ever under any circumstances ever, trust me
>>
>>23816236
oh never mind you pretty much covered it

take it from us, pal
>>
>>23816221
>personal philosophy
It will never be well-rounded then
>>
>>23816236
highest iq nigga on this board
>>
>>23816249
I want to write a book that encapsulates how I see the world. My fears, my ideals, etc. Like Kafka or Lovecraft or Dick. I'm trying to think about the best way to go about that.
>>
First you have to sleep with a woman.
>>
>>23816221

«A PHILOSOPHY»?

PHILOSOPHY IS AN ACT, NOT A THING IN ITSELF.

PHILOSOPHY IS THE ACT OF COGITATION IN PRO OF LEARNING THE NATURE OF THINGS.

YOU ARE CONFLATING PHILOSOPHY WITH IDEOLOGY.

IDEOLOGY IS NOT PERSONAL, BUT COLLECTIVE.

IT SEEMS, RATHER, THAT YOU HAVE A PROBLEM OF IDENTITY.

CULTIVATE YOUR PERSONALITY, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BECOME AN IDEOLOGICAL AVTOMATON, OR A SOPHIST.
>>
>>23816221
>well-rounded personal philosophy
you either worthy enough to ascend to the Logos or live in the cave of retards.
>>
why
>>
>>23816221
why do you need a "personal philosophy"?
>>23816255
the best way to go about that is to start writing stories, try to sell them, and iterate repeatedly. you don't have the same publishing environment available to you that those authors did (and note that lovecraft was never a financial success and went almost entirely unrecognized during his own lifetime), but there are still opportunities if you look.
>>
>>23816221
Read this and determine if you agree or disagree him her.
>>
>>23817837
oh fuckin hell
*with her
>>
>>23816221

question yourself why ? and follow it.
>>
>>23817777
The cave of retards is where all the fun stuff happens. The smart dudes are all arguing about things not even they can understand.
>>
>>23816221
And what *is* a personal philosophy, dear Glaucon?
>>
>>23816253
Too bad high IQ means less reproductive success
>>
>>23816221
Ask yourself about the attainment of knowledge, how you view the world and what you think is right
>>
>>23816221
If you have to ask, start with the Greeks.
>>
>>23818169
Don't do this, it's a recipe for becoming a pseud. You read some rinky dink fragments, then Plato, then skip Aristotle because he's le boring and not an epick mystick, then become a Guenonist or a Hindoo or a Thelemite or some other bullshit. Do not do this. Start with the Categories.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.